Chapter 1: Entering the Other Side

Vampire's POV

It was a busy morning at exactly seven o'clock, in the city street. Buses and cars are passing hurriedly on the roads along with the people whose making big paces as they walk on the sidewalks. My eyes were hurting as I try to look up at the traffic light to see if it is time for me to cross the pedestrian lane. The sun is shining so bright that it can make my skin feel the heat already at early morning hour.

When I get myself to cross to the other side of the road I stop for a while to watch and observe the people around me. They were all in a hurry, carrying bags on either side of their shoulders, while their free hand is holding their phones. I also observe their expression reading their current emotion. Some of them look so tired yet a smile still plastered on their faces as they walk and talk to someone on their phone or to their friends with them. Some looks so furious forming wrinkles on their forehead.

I was wondering, how people manage to live their lives every day even though they encounter lots of hardships. By thinking this a smile formed on my lips, quietly amused by these creatures on how they deal their daily lives.

I was so busy being amused by human behaviours that I didn't notice that the portal right behind me already opened welcoming me to enter on my own world where I truly belong. The portal is unseen on the human eyes. If they were to look at it appears as a normal brick wall that was covered with vandalism. From there a man in black approaches me as he got out of the portal, he is the head protector assigned to watch over me. His name is Jay, he gave me sunglasses to protect my eyes from the burning heat of the sun.

Then he stand right next to me "observing humans again?" he asked amusement was also seen on his face.

"Yeah, I just can't believe that I was once like them until I figure out who I really am" I smile towards him as I answer his question. Then another movement on the portal as another man in black emerges.

"Young mistress the court is already waiting for you on the other side". He informed me. I know this man already since it was our second time to see each other. He name is Jim, I met him first when I was declared as the next in line for being a vampire princess. He is the one who send me the message on the talking scroll. On the other side is what we use to call to our world. After his statement, I face him and nod at him signalling that I'm ready to enter the world that was meant for me.

Wolf's POV

I was running too fast in the meadows just at the back of our house to stretch my bones. My paw was digging deep creating a small crater leaving my foot prints behind as I continue sprinting around. I feel so good every time I got to do this, I can feel the happiness from my wolf on the inside.

My wolf's form was a greyish brown with mix of dark shade of black all over my fur. It is the signature colour of my family indicating that I possess a great power and characteristics of being a good Alpha.

Right now I am still not the alpha of our pack because my father was still alive and I'm still young and haven't meet my Luna. In world of wolf in order for you to become the alpha you should meet your mate first and she will be called as Luna. In my situation I haven't met her yet maybe she's from the other pack. That's why I'm training myself so hard to be able to endure the long run to find her since the other pack was miles away from ours.

After an hour and half I decided to shift in to my human form and get myself dressed. Then I go inside our house after hearing that my father has something to tell me. I immediately head to his office to hear him out. When I'm about to enter I see him facing his back towards me while talking on his phone. He was yelling on someone on the other line though he sounds concerned on to something. For a while I remained on my position and hear him talking about me.