Chapter 6

Carrie's P.O.V

"Very good!" Mrs Farrel praised. "Just remember to turn up early tomorrow. We will have a final practise before performing! Oh, and if Zayn doesn't show, you all know what to do, correct?" We all nod.

Zayn hasn't shown up to choir in the past couple of days. I kinda feel a little responsible. I mean, I did throw him off me and all... Wait why am I feeling pity towards him? He deserved that. He can't just come onto me! I just don't want the choir to be weakened because of something I potentially caused. But if I have noticed one thing about Zayn, it is that he has a certain passion for singing. I doubt he won't show...

I can't help but daze off. Zayn's handsome face entering my head. The way his caramel eyes dazzled when he was singing...

"Carrie? Did you here me? You can go now." Mrs Farrel's calm voice snaps me back into reality. That little fantasy session wasn't good for my health. Ugh. That boy has put me under some sort of spell and I don't like it, one little bit.

"Oh sorry." I mumbled, smiling sheepishly. Then I remembered what I had been meaning ask for the last couple of days but being distracted by something or someone. "Mrs Farrel, can I write the song for the assessment? I mean, I don't have to and all but-"

"Of course! On what planet would that ever be a bad thing!" She laughed. I smiled back at her.

"Have a good afternoon Mrs!" I called out.

Grabbing my bag on the way, I walk out of the classroom. It had been chilly lately and I am glad me and Kate went shopping yesterday after school, the weather in England is so cold, no matter the season!

When I walked into my dad's house I rushed upstairs and grabbed my writing utensils, another phone case for my phone (the one I'm using is all broken, Mark ran into me and I dropped it, splitting the side), and a jumper before putting it all into a small backpack.

"Dad, I'm going to go to the park, yeah?" I ask, kinda. He nods and gives me a kiss on the head. I smile and side-hug him. He chuckles a little.

"Bye darl." He laughs. I continue to smile while walking out the door. Tobias gives me a small smile as he joins me outside. Oh yeah, he does soccer on Thursdays.

We walk side by side, talking and arguing about the stupidest things. I'm not going to lie, he is a bright kid. I enjoy his company a fair bit as well, but that doesn't make him any less annoying. I use my knuckles and rub his head, keeping him from squirming by using a head lock. He squirms and I laugh, but let go. He pokes his tongue out at me and I do the same in return.

"Now, go beat that team's ass." He doesn't seem too fazed by my language or 'Australian' way of talking. He smiles and hugs me before sprinting off towards the field. I used to play soccer, but... Yeah. I don't want to go into that. I think here they call soccer football? Or maybe that's America? Or maybe I'm talking like a crazy person again.

Pulling my backpack up my shoulders a bit I see a rather large tree. It's branches were long and twisty, but pretty thick. I throw my foot up and hoist myself onto the first branch. It's a little wobbly so yet again I climb up the tree. The second branch isn't far above the first and I can get down easily if I tried. I hang my backpack on the branch above and grab out my journal, flicking through the pages.

I fall at the page I want, where I wrote probably my most personal song, a song which I practically vowed not to show anyone. I called it breakaway. Really I should be working on my song for school but if I am to write it about Zayn, I need to see Zayn. That is quite a problem when he doesn't show his face anywhere. I need to be able to see him so I can write the song with emotion, hate, disgust or even those stupid little insignificant, moronic, idiotic, terrible- you get the point -fantasies about him.