Chapter six: "Goners!"

“Goners!”

Chapter six

(Jessica’s Point of view)

I can’t believe I’m finally back, I’m so glad to see Randall again. When he told me his story, I almost wanted to cry, I never knew his dad was that crazy, it seems like Randall is the only normal one in his family. I am grateful to have him as my best friend, I don’t understand the feeling I get when I’m around him. It’s a nervous feeling, I can never stop looking into his eyes, he was always there for me. I remember that night when I found him impaled to the fence, my heart melted into a puddle on water, I fell in love. I finally realized I fell in love with the helpless boy who’d was on the fence, the on that saved my life many times. The one who found me, and consoled me. I felt unsure and weird at the same time. What would happen if I lost him? If he was dying in front of me, or suffering in front of me? I felt a tiny tear slowly slide down my cheek. Didn’t understand why I was thinking that, it was odd of me to even think of that! Mind over matter, right?

“Jeez, I’m loosing it! He’s just my best friend, that’s all.” I heard something walk through the barn door behind me, I turned around, it was Daryl. He was smiling, he had his crossbow over his shoulder. “Hey!”

“Are you alright?” Daryl has never been friendly to me or anybody, but I like the new attitude.

“Have you ever been around someone and felt very odd?” I wanted to know if he’d ever experienced. He looked up for a minute, guessing he was trying to recall it.

“Yes, I have felt the same way. But, I’m very mean with her, but I would do anything for her.” I think I know who it was.

“Carol?” Daryl looked at me in amazement, then looked in a guilty way. “I remember when Ned, hit her…” He looked at me in a surprised way.

“He hit her?” He was furious, I couldn’t believe he just found out. “Listen, if you feel weird around this person, just tell somebody you trust, that’s a in your gender.” He walked out of the barn. I went out of the barn, walking down the hill, Dale caught up to me.

“We need your help getting that walker out of the well.” I followed him to the well, Glen, Maggie, Randall, Lori, Shane, Andrea, and T-dog were all looking into the well. I got on my knees next to Shane, seeing what we had to deal with. Randall was teasing the walker with a piece of cow meat.

“It’s not going for it.” Lori explained.

“It seems like it goes for the kicking and screaming ones.” Shane pulled the meat out of the well.

“We need live bait!” Randall blurted out, everyone looked at him. “Shit, I need to start keeping things to myself!” We took a rope and tied around him, then around an old rusty pipe, and Shane, Lori, Andrea, T-dog, and I took it. “Shane, you sure about this?” Randall wasn’t actually thrilled ‘bout this.

“You’ll be in one piece, bud.” Shane patted him on the shoulder.

“In one part!” Glen blurted out, “Try not to piss it off, It might bite you in the ass!”

“Oh yeah! So much love coming from a Asian guy. Yeah I’ll see you when I get out of this hell hole!” Randall punched Glen in the leg. I was worried that he will get bit. “Go easy alright.” We started lowering him into the well.

“I‘m Korean! Get it right!” Glen was being really irritating.

“Glen! Shut up, you look Japanese!” I yelled at him, he raised his arms up and walked away.

“Aw, you people are crazy!” Maggie complimented.

“Want this thing out of your well, or not?” Shane hollered back.