Chapter 4

I closed the front door and saw a car parked in front of my lawn. Black, small, Chevrolet Spark I think. It was Patricia. We greeted each other and went shopping.

The day flew by and I really had nice time shopping with my new friend, well at least I think she is my friend. She is actually just like me. She has been hurted in the past, she didn't tell me much but as soon as she started talking about it I heard her broken heart speaking and I swear I saw a tear but she wiped it too fast. I stopped her before she cried me a river in the middle of mall. I bought everything I needed for my school and a black casual jacket. It was quite late when I came home and my mother and father were already asleep so I decided to go straight to my bed. Before I closed my eyes I received a message from Patricia saying good night and that she had nice time with me. I did not replied. She gave me her number before we came back home, I don't even think I will ever use it. I turned my phone off and went to sleep.

...

Annoying noise was just repeating and repeating. My alarm fucking clock. I threw it on the floor and continued my sleep.

I slept through my day. I didn't have breakfast of lunch. I spend my friday watching episode after episode of Friends. I already know every episode by heart but I don't mind watching it again and again. I answered to Patricia with a simple me too, don't know why.

I haven't even been here for a week and already I don't know what to do so my work speaks before my action, here I am calling Patricia to ask her to show me the town tomorrow. I don't usually do that but this is what happens when I don't think.

''I just wanted to call you!'' I was surprised when she screamed in my ear. I didn't expect she will answer. Great, now I don't know what to say. Why am I so concerned about what will I say to her? I don't give a single fuck about her, she just happens to be the only person I know in this big town.

''Seriously? My voice sounded robotic.

''Actually yes ha-ha.''

''Why?'' I still sound like a freaking robot.

'' I wanted to invite you to pre-school party, you know since school starts in monday so a group of people are organizing. Wanna go with me? It will be fun and you don't have to speak to anyone except me if you don't want to. So?''

I can't believe she just asked me to go to a party with her. I mean I do and don't want to go. My parents will let me that isn't a problem, they have to let me, even if they don't I will go anyway. But.. I don't know if that an good idea. When is it at all? I'm confused a little bit.

''I don't know.. I didn't like that kind of shit back in Boston, what makes you think I will like it here?'' I am surprised that I am even thinking about going.

''Well this is fucking Seattle, we know how to party and I promise you will have the time of your life.'' She sounds so happy. How can she be so happy after something that bad that happened in her past that made her shared a tear with me in the mall. I think she is just faking this happiness.

'' When? '' It looks like I'm going. I want to just drink and smoke my problems and depressions away.

I don't drink or smoke. i haven't even tried alcohol,drugs or cigarettes. I never needed it to try it, but right now it could help, I think? I don't need problems and depression now in my life. New town, new me right? So why don't I give it a try? 

''Tomorrow, you can come at my house at 8 so we can get dressed together, I can borrow you my dress if you don't have one.'' What the fuck?! A dress? Oh,my God,no. No way.

''Dress? Are you freaking kidding? I am not going to wear a dress.'' I can't help but find amusement in her words, so I started laughing.

''Okay,okay. I think you would look gorgeous, but suit your self and wear jeans or whatever!'' She pouted.