the twinkle in your eyes were better.

Seongwoo is in the grocery store at 1 a.m. again for the fifth time this week.

Again, Yoonji is angry because he's not 'spending enough time with her.'

Between juggling thirteen hours of paperwork and an unreasonable girlfriend, Seongwoo is honestly just so tired.

He grabs the usual pint of Salted Caramel off the too shelf, and trudges to the cashier.

"Let's get the Sweet Potato Chips!"

Seongwoo stops in his track, turning to look at the two figures in the middle of the junk food section.

"Hmm, but it's a little expensive don't you think? Three dollars for a packet."

Seongwoo recognizes the smaller immediately.

Woojin.

He's probably eight years old now, and looks exactly the same as he did the last time Seongwoo had visited him, which was three years ago before he didn't care to anymore.

The other one, is much taller and older.

They stand there, observing the packet of potato chips as Seongwoo ducks behind the dividers, peeking out slightly.

"Just get them, it's fine."

Seongwoo's eyes widen dramatically.

The new figure stands there, grabbing the packet and shoving into a basket.

Kang Daniel.

His hair is drastically different now, a shade of brown and not pink. He's lost a little weight, but still looks as happy as before.

Well, at least before Seongwoo stopped noticing.

"Stop being so thrifty for a while! We're fine!"

"No, it's okay. The normal ones only cost 1.50. Let's take that one instead!"

Seongwoo smiles fondly as Daniel grins at Woojin, and the other one starts talking about how grown up woojin is already. They seem so happy.

Like a family.

He forces himself to look away bitterly.

That night, as Seongwoo walks back silently to the empty apartment, he looks up at the night sky.

There are many stars scattered across.

So pretty.

But the twinkling of Daniel's eyes when he used to smile were so much more better.