you were beautiful

"Why'd you break up with her?"

Seongwoo didn't know why either.

"I-- I don't know."

"What do you mean you don't know? You must've really loved her."

Daniel's face darkened a little bit, and Seongwoo knows what he's thinking of.

"You must've loved her very much."

Seongwoo recalls the night Daniel left, wedding ring left on the dining table as he pulled his luggage out without looking back.

Did I really love her?

He remembers the first time he met Yoonji, her brown hair and large eyes as a man cornered her at the back alley of the club.

He remembers the man walking away as she bent down, gently caressing the bruise on his cheek as she apologised repeatedly.

He remembers going on a date with her the next day, and the week after that, and it slowly became a fixed routine.

But did he ever love her?

"Seongwoo, you love her. And she loves you as well. Apologise before you regret it."

Daniel looked at him with concern.

Seongwoo stared back.

High school junior Daniel with bright pink hair, large square glasses and a goofy smile.

Twenty year old Daniel with pastel pink hair and crinkled smiles.

The Daniel that woke up Seongwoo with a suffocating hug and the smell of burnt toast.

"I love you."

Daniel looked up.

"What?"

"I said I love you. And I regret ever letting you go." Seongwoo moved closer and grabbed Daniel's hand.

Daniel pulled back his hands, gaping. "No, you don't. You're out of your mind."

Seongwoo shook his head. "I know what I want. And it's not Yoonji, it's you."

"Shut up."

Daniel, now standing up, took a step backwards as Seongwoo stood up as well.

"Daniel, please--"

"Just because you don't want her anymore doesn't mean I can be used as a replacement."

"I'm not using you, I swear."

Seongwoo marched closer as Daniel retreated, until his back hit against the walls.

"No, shut up, stop."

Seongwoo trapped Daniel in his arms, holding onto him desperately as Daniel tried to push him away.

"Daniel, please, I miss you so much, let's get back together. I'll treat you so much bette--"

"And what makes you think he'll want you back?"