four

My idea lost its power with each hour that passed, but once the seed had been planted, the flower had to grow. And I was ready for it.

Harry came home late that night, which I didn't mind because it meant I had the silence and the night free to do whatever to comfort me. Alcohol slithered off his tongue and up my nose when he came close and I grimaced. His lips attempted to find mine but I pushed him away before they could.

"C'mon, babe," he slurred, hands tugging the end of my shirt. "Please me." A burp erupted from his throat before he could say anything else.

"Very attractive. Honestly, take me right now," I muttered, shoving his shoulder.

I wanted sex - I was frustrated. But sex with a man so drunk he can't even keep himself sat straight wasn't what would satisfy me.

****

As though he knew, as though someone had given him specific stage directions, Jason rolled into the restaurant at one o'clock, and all alone. He was shown to a table before being handed a menu. I watched him, and I watched as the waitress left and he clocked me gazing in his direction.

He motioned me over, at least that's what I was hoping because I was already rushing over to his table.

"I don't think you're supposed to stare at customers," he remarked, a smug smile on his lips.

"And I'm not supposed to be stood talking to customers if I'm not waiting on their table so I guess I'll be leaving."

"Sit down then." He chuckled and it was both sad and amusing that he found himself humorous.

How had I started having regular meetings with this man?

How had I been drawn in?

"That's not even remotely funny," I pointed out, despite the small grin.

"What can I do for you then? There must have been a reason for your gawking." His fingers linked on the table, and I noticed the rings decorating them. My eyes trailing up, I caught sight of the veins pulsing through his skin. I swallowed heavily.

"No, uh, no reason."

"Not one? Not even a tiny one?"

Ask him, ask him, ask him.

Fuck, fuck, fuck.

"What did you mean when you said anything?" I surprised myself when I managed to get my entire question out without a stutter.

His right eyebrow arched. "I meant.. anything. Absolutely anything. Whatever your needs are."

Those eyes burned into my own and past them, looking deep into my soul and I didn't even mind.

"I can tell you want something and there's a high probability that I can make it happen if you let me. What is it?"

"It's nothing really- it's stupid.. is what it is-"

"Tell me. Five seconds."

I gulped. "I want- actually, I don't, I don't want.. control. I live my entire life having to take charge and be responsible for everything and I just, if you're some magic genie that can take that away just for a little while, that'd be much appreciated." I laughed but it trembled when it left my mouth.