Chapter 4 ◇

Christmas at Jordan's was an idea his mother thought up. She thought that since they were getting married soon, they should be starting their own traditions.

After her final, Audriella went to spend time with her dad. He was the one that gave the heads up about Audriella's holiday itinerary. Her mother was still angry about her walking out on her birthday. She believed Audriella should have stayed and stood by Jordan. Audriella maintained that she was not in the wrong because she was focusing on her degree.

With only three days until Christmas, the elephant was in the room. She still hadn't completely forgiven Jordan for his activities. Only time and effort would fix this error and she wasn't sure he had enough time left. In the meantime, she enjoyed the random gifts and cute little dates.

This one was a craft date. He found a little do it yourself place that specialized in couple's activities. He rented the entire place so they could do whatever they wanted.

They sat together as they painted elves and reindeer on different vases. Their last date was a small exhibit exploring Asian culture. Since both of their genetics contained Asian DNA, it only made sense. Audriella actually loved how Jordan's eyes lit up during the section for the Philippines.

Jordan secretly recorded Audriella deep in concentration. Her tongue peeked between her lips, her brow was furrowed and she had paint all over her from Jordan's antics. He never noticed how into the holidays she actually was.

During his down time, she made him decorate. By the end of the day, they had put up three trees and managed to change the scent of his entire house. Instead of its manly, normal smell, it was now warm cookies and cinnamon.

Coming off of a two game losing streak, he actually felt comforted by her presence. After a tough loss to OKC, he and a few of the guys came home to Audriella in the kitchen. He was genuinely surprised to see her and the guys weren't expecting real food. They were expecting an "at least we tried" beer and pizza combination.

When he saw her, Jordan was more than ready to apologize, but she didn't want to hear it. She had a role to play. With his Tulsa shirt and colossal stones on her fingers, she served Jordan's friends and colleagues like a happy wife. Interacting with them wasn't an act for her. They loved her just as much as she loved them.

Truth be told, a couple of them felt like Jordan didn't deserve her. They loved him like a brother, but they didn't understand how he could have someone like her and still want to keep strangers in his bed. When she left on her birthday, they thought the two were done for good. Jordan definitely fell in his feelings and barely left the gym. He wasn't even eating until the wives forced him.

It was then that he realized that Audriella was his best friend and if he had to give up love to keep her, he was going to do it.

°°°°

Golden State was in the house and Jordan was ready. After three straight losses, he felt in his soul that something was going to change. He watched his fiance mingle with the other family members as he stretched. She wore her hair out and natural makeup. Clad in a leather jacket over a Clarkson jersey and her leather pants tucked into her Louboutin ankle boots, she looked beautiful. Jordan mentally noted to buy her more of the entire outfit. She looked amazing, especially playing with the coolest baby in the league.

"Stop looking at her like that." Nick's voice disturbed his trance.

"Like what?" He asked pretending like wasn't shooting lust arrows at his best friend.

"Like you want to put a baby in her. Ready to turn this into a live porn show instead of a game." Nick teased.

"You would like that, wouldn't you?" Jordan glared. He was slightly annoyed that Nick disturbed his creep moment.

"No, I would only like it if it was me and not you." Nick retorted smartly.

"Don't you have a girlfriend? Where's Iggy?" Jordan snapped, shooting a shot. He watched Audriella cheer with Nick Jr in her arms. She looked so happy at that moment. He wondered if she ever thought about having kids with him. He'd die if it was anyone other than him.

"Publicity stunt, not real life. You should know that." Nick gave him a knowing smirk.

Even though no one told Nick, he could spot a fake relationship. He knew that Jordan and Audriella were lifelong friends, he just wasn't buying the lovebirds story. They might have had a relationship before, but it was no more. He could tell just by the way they touched each other, it only happened when people were watching and they rarely visited each other.

He hoped they figured it out because they looked good together.