Chapter One

I found myself preparing two bottles of milk, at 8am, something I never thought I would be doing at age 19.
I heard cries coming from the living room and walked over as the bottles heated in the microwave.

“Ashley, no.” I said sternly. “Release your sister’s hair.” I took her chubby hand and took it out of Melanie’s hair. “Don’t cry baby.” I kissed her head.
The microwave biped and I walked back to the kitchen. I took the bottles and tested the temperature on the back of my hand. As I walked back to the living room both babies were giggling at each other as they blew raspberries.

I handed them the bottles and they gladly took it. They were ten months old now and stopped breast feeding at five months, by themselves. I sat each one of them on the couch and turned on the TV, that way they would be distracted as I cleaned the room, which they made sure to leave a mess.
Minutes later someone knocked on the door and simultaneously the girls looked at the door and then at me.

“It must be your Auntie.” I told them and walked to the door to greet my best friend.
As I opened the door, my best friend, Lilia, stood there waiting.
“Took you long enough.” She said walking inside. “Where are my favorite goddaughters?” She cooed walking straight to my babies.
“Hi to you too, Lilia.” I said closing the door.
“Who is the cutest baby ever? You guys are the cutest babies ever.” She said kissing their faces and making them giggle.
I sat by her side on the couch.
“I missed you.” I said.
“Missed you too.” She laid her head on my shoulder and sighed.
We started talking while the twins played on the carpeted floor. It had been a while since we last saw each other. Lilia had gone to England to visit her father, which she was dreading to do, they didn’t get along very well. Well, not ever since he left her mother when she was only four. We met a year after that, when she protected me from a bully in kindergarten, something she was used to seeing as her father used to harass her mom. We’ve been best friends ever since.
“So, what’s the news in the hotel?” She asked.
“Nothing that I know of.” I said.

And just as those words left my mouth the door opened and behind it was my little sister, Alice.
She closed the door and walked in, she walked straight to the kitchen and opened the fridge, when she came back she had a can of coke in her hand.

“You should seriously stop barging in like that.” I said and she smiled as if she was so innocent. “What do you want?”
“Can’t I spend some time with my big sister?” She tried to sound offended.
“No.” I said serious. “What do you need?”
“You forgot your key card didn’t you?” Lilia asked.
“Of course not...” She looked everywhere but at us. “Yeah, I did.” She said, sitting on the couch.
“Ali, get out of my couch. You’re all wet. Were you at the pool?” She nodded.
“And I forgot my key card inside and mom and dad left.” She sighed holding Melanie’s tiny hand in hers.
“What about Alicia and Alex?”
“They left.” She shrugged. “But I wasn’t lying, I did want to spend time with you. I heard something.” She whispered coming closer.
“What?” Lilia asked taking Ashley into her lap.
“There are famous people coming to the hotel tomorrow.” She said.

Like that was anything new. My dad was the owner of one the best hotels in New York City, famous people always came to this hotel. Nothing strange about that. Beyonce was here once, but my dad prohibited me and my siblings of getting close to her, because we would scare her off. He was not wrong.
“Who is it?” Lilia asked excited. She always loved meeting famous people. I never really cared. Well, I did care when Beyonce came, but just her, cause she’s the queen.
“Fifth Harmony.” My sister squealed.
“Oh my God! Really?!?”
“Who?” I asked.
“Don’t you dare say you don’t know them. I showed you literally every one of their songs.”
I laughed.
“Oh honey, is so cute how you still think I listen to every single thing you say.” I kissed her head and got up from the couch.
“Well, anyway. They are coming and Daddy said we all had to be there to greet them.”
“Not happening. I can’t and he knows that.”
“This is something you need to figure out with him.” She got up from the floor and took the towel she had brought with her and threw it over her shoulder. “Now I need your spare key, please.” She said extending her hand.