Chapter Seven

Lauren's POV

Today was Monday, meaning we had to go to the studio again. Don't get me wrong. I love what I do and I love whenever I get to do it, it's just that these past few days have been so amazing. Not having to think about work. Only focusing on Y/N and I. And the twins, of course. I shouldn't have gotten used to that so quickly, but I did and I don't regret it one bit.
In fact, I was on my way to Y/N's loft eight now, to ask if she wanted to come with us to the studio, and because Dinah had already asked Lilia to come and she said she would be coming, and I'm not sure I want to see those two with their tongues down each others throats.

I knocked on the door and I heard someone knock back, I giggled and knocked again and again, someone knocked back. I waited a little and Y/N opened the door, I looked down to see that Ashley was sitting on the floor clapping her hands upon seeing me.

"Hey there, Ash." I bent down and scooped her up. "It seems like you're having the time of your life." I said, kissing her cheek, which made her giggle. "Hey, babe." I greeted Y/N, pecking her lips quickly.
"Hey. Sorry about her." She said turning her back so she could get Melanie. "People think having two kids is hard? Think about having two kids that crawl. They're faster than The Flash and there's two of them." She said plopping down on the couch, I sat by her side.
"Well, maybe they just want to do something. Maybe go somewhere." I told her. "And maybe we could take them out today, with me and the girls." I beamed. "We're going to the studio and it would be really nice if you could come too." I smiled at her but she didn't smile back.
She sat Melanie down on the carpet and Ashley soon wanted to join her so I put her down.
"What's wrong?"
"Lauren... Not many people know I'm a mother."she said and I nodded still not getting her point. "A few family members, old friends... You know why?" She asked and I shook my head. "Because people judge, Lauren." She sighed. "I had to finish school at home, and not because I wanted to, but because I couldn't step foot into school grounds without someone saying something mean about me, without even knowing what happened."
"But..."
"They look at me differently. Even people in the grocery store look at me weird." She looked down. "You did too. When I told you, you looked at me differently."
"But I don't so that anymore. Because it doesn't matter. Not to me." I held her hand. "Dinah said you told her. And she took it pretty well for what I saw." I smiled sympathetically. "I know my friends. If I didn't think they would treat you well, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. But I know them, and I trust them. And if you have a little faith in me, you'll see what I see."

She huffed and walked to her bedroom. I just sat there and waited. I could hear shuffling but decided against going in there.

When she came back, she was wearing a red polka dot dress, with black shoes and had a beige hand bag with her, her hair was tied messily in a low bun and she had light make up on. I don't think I've ever seen anything more perfect.
"You're staring." She said, moving to take the babies and change them.
"Only what's worth being stared at." I said and she giggled.