Chapter Five

The next day...

Lauren's POV

Today was a Sunday, meaning we didn't have to go to the studio until Tuesday. Dinah had spent all night thinking of how to ask Lilia out and despite me thinking the whole situation was just plain out funny, seeing as they met less than 24 hours ago, I caught myself thinking of the same thing about Y/N.
We met two weeks ago. But what Dinah said she felt, I felt it too. The tingling, the heart racing, the warm feeling whenever she laughed or smiled. Every time I looked into her eyes, I just wanted to dive into them and let them tell me everything they hide. And every time she smiled I wish I was the reason for it. I love the way her flaming hair flows when the wind blows on it and how when she scrunches her nose, I can see the cutest little freckles on it.

"Just ask her out, already." Ally said with the phone on her right ear.
"What?"
"You just said all the reasons why you should ask her out. So do it." She said looking down at some paper. "Yes, a lot of syrup on the pancakes, please." She said into the phone.
"I was thinking out loud?" I asked myself.
"Yep." She said. "No, no. Scrambled eggs."
"You know what? I will. And I'm gonna do it now."
"Oh heck no. I just ordered the biggest feast for us. You're going to sit your butt right there and eat."
"Okay, mom." I said and sat back down.

The room service came and we all ate it like Ally wanted us to. Right after I was done and Ally said I could leave, I went back to my room to get changed.
I quickly changed clothes and hurriedly made my way to the elevator. I've never been this excited and this nervous my whole life. My hands were sweating but at the same time I felt like jumping all around. What the hell is wrong with me?!?

As I got to her floor I walked straight to her door and knocked. It didn't take long before the door opened. But instead of Y/N, Lilia opened the door.

"Oh, hi Lilia." I said a little surprised. "It's, Y/N here?"
"I wish. Those two are killing me." She said pointing to the two babies sitting on the floor throwing toys everywhere. "She left early today. Had some things to do for her dad."
"Did she say when she would be back?"
"No. She didn't even tell me she was leaving. She just left a note. And now I have to stay and watch the girls." I giggled.
"Well, thank you. I guess I can come back later." I waved and was about to leave when her voice stopped me .
"Lauren wait!" I looked back at her and smiled. "Uh, did Dinah mention anything about me since we left last night?" She asked. How cute, she was nervous about Dinah liking her or not.
"She did, actually. Quite a lot." She smiled big and her eyes started to sparkle like those of a little kid. "Now if you excuse me, I'll talk to you later, Lilia."
"Yeah, sure."  She said sounding a little numb. Then a loud noise came from inside and she looked back. "Ashley, come on!" I giggled and waved before she closed the door.

Well looks like I will have to wait a little longer.

Y/N's POV

This morning my dad had asked me to do some things for him. He made me ride all the way to Soho, Brooklyn and back to the East Village. Why? Because he was still out of town and my mom was in some conference with business men.
But the thing is, I live on the Upper East Side. This places are way too far for my liking. But if my dad needs me, who am I to say no?

I was on my way to Brooklyn when I got a text from Lilia saying Lauren came looking for me.
The thought of Lauren wanting to talk to me made me excited, but at the same time it made me wary, because what could she want?

Five hours later...

Lauren's POV

It has been long enough and I think now would be a good time to go talk to Y/N. She should be back by now. I took the elevator to her floor and again, knocked on her door.
This time, a tall red haired guy opened the door. Her brother.
I looked quizzically at him.