Chapter Three

A week later...

"It sounds nice." I said to Lauren as we sat inside the pool. The twins splashing water while their small legs tried to get them moving. "I don't think I could do it, though." I continued.
We were talking about songwriting, which is what she had been doing the past few days with her band mates.
"Well, I don't think I could play tennis like you do." She said.
"Like I do? Have you seen me playing?" I asked turning to look at her.
She started blushing and nodded, looking down.
"Last weekend, when I came back from the studio I saw you playing with your brother." I nodded. "I don't know what you were doing, but it seemed like you were really good at it."
Now it was my turn to smile.
"Thank you, Lauren."

We spent a while just enjoying the quietness and the few giggles coming from the two infants once in a while.

"The girls and I are having a movie night tonight in Dinah's room." She said and I hummed to let her know I was listening. "And I was wondering if you would want to come." She said a little bit lower. "You don't have to, is just that it would..." I cut her off.
"I would love to." I smiled at her and she smiled back.

I was about to ask her at what time should I be there when my phone started to ring beside me. Only two people called me this early, my dad and Lilia. And my dad was in Chicago.
I looked at the phone to see Lilia's face showing me her pierced tongue - she was the one to put that picture there, I just went with it - I pressed answer and put the phone in my ear.

"What could you want from me this early?" I said.
"Well, good morning to you too." She said laughing. "I just wanted to know if you have plans for tonight after you're done with tennis?"
"Yes, I do. Why?" I asked as I watched Ashley splash water in her sister's face. I gave her a stern look and she stopped.
"Cause I don't. And I wanna do something tonight. What are you doing?" There were noises in the line, so I barely understood her.
"Lilia, stop chewing to talk to me. I can barely hear you."
"Sorry. Cheerios, man." I giggled. "So, your plans."
"Lauren just invited me to a movie night with her friends."
"Ooh, can I come?"
"Lil, I don't..." I looked at Lauren to see her nodding and mouthing a 'yes', I smiled at her. "She said yes."
"Yay! Oh shit." I heard something break.
"Lilia, what the hell was that?"
"I just spilled my bowl of Cheerios. Damn it. And I have no more milk." She huffed. "Dry it is." I laughed.
"I'll see you later, weirdo."
"See ya. Love you."
"Love you too. Bye." I hung up and put my phone back on the bag.

"Girls, time to go." I said and Lauren helped me take them out of the pool.
As we were walking to the elevator she offered to take my bag for me, and I didn't say no.
"Thank you, for letting Lilia come too. You didn't have to."
"I wanted to. The way you talk about her, she seems like a cool person."
"When she's in the mood for it. She's wonderful." She laughed.

Lauren accompanied me to my floor and helped me get the twins changed. After that, she knew Lilia would be getting here soon, so she left, saying she too had things to do.
When Lilia got here, I was ready to leave. For some reason I wanted this day to go by faster, I seemed eager. Lilia noticed it too, but didn't say a thing.

"Okay, so they haven't eaten anything yet. Their food is in the fridge. You know for how long you need to heat it. There are two bottles there too, in case they want it before taking their nap." I said and she nodded.
"Oh, I brought a bag with me. Cause I won't have time to go home and change." She said.
"You say that like I would ever stop you from changing here anyway." She smiled.
"I know. You love me too much."
"Unfortunately, I do." I kissed her cheek and left.

Two hours later...

My legs were burning and I still had three more hours of this. I had a class with this guy, and he was really good, now I'm sore as hell.
I splashed some water on my face to refresh and started throwing some balls at the wall as I waited for the next class.