Chapter 11

Lucy awoke to the sound of snickering. She was dazed, woken far too early for her liking; she felt like she was sleeping on a cloud, like she'd just had the most comfortable sleep of her life. She closed her eyes, desperately trying to ignore whoever had stirred her from her sleep. Lucy hugged her pillow closer.

The voices continued to interrupt her sleep.

"Bet you a week's worth of kitchen duty that they fucked."

Another voice responded, now. "You think Natsu could manage that? Not likely. You're on."

Lucy growled, unsure if she was dreaming or not. She hugged her pillow closer against her chest.

"Mmfph." A voice squeaked against her.

Lucy's eyes snapped open, glancing down at the head of pink hair nuzzling into her breasts. "Natsu!" Lucy cried, flinging the boy off of her. "What the hell are you doing?"

Natsu peered up at her, clearly half asleep and extremely confused. "Wha?"

Lucy looked towards the entrance of the tent, where Gray and Gajeel stood, observing the pair. The two boys were snickering.

"Sorry to interrupt your love fest," Gray sputtered out between laughs. He looked at Gajeel. "I think I won the bet. They definitely fucked."

Lucy's cheeks were blood red. "We did not!"

"Then why isn't Natsu wearing pants, Blondie?" Gajeel pressed, smirking.

Lucy's eyes snapped back to the boy, laying on the cold floor of the tent. He was shirtless, only wearing a pair of boxers with cartoon dragons on them.

Why wasn't Natsu wearing pants? Why had Lucy been cuddling up to him when she woke up? Why had his face been in her boobs?

She was so embarrassed she could've died. Except now, she was looking at Natsu's tummy again, and she lost her train of thought.

"Jesus, Lucy, quit checking the kid out." Gray and Gajeel were laughing again, Keeling over and holding their sides.

Gajeel turned to Gray, shaking his head. "Guess I owe you a week's wroth of kitchen duty." The boys turned, making their way back to the campfire, where everyone was eating breakfast. Gajeel called out, loud enough for Lucy to hear, "Hey, everyone! Lucy and Natsu slept together."

Lucy went pale; she heard everyone else gasp and question the boys. Quickly, before anyone else could harass her, she zipped up the tent and turned back to the sleeping boy beside her.

"Natsu! Wake up, you idiot!" She smacked him, stirring him from his slumber.

He growled, grumpy and tired. "Shut up, Luce."

She smacked him again. "Where the hell are your pants?"

The boy sighed and sat up. He shrugged. "I dunno. Over there."

"Why!?"

"Got too hot last night. You wouldn't let go of me and we were all sweaty-"

"Do not say we were sweaty together," Lucy hissed.

"Well, we were, and you kept snuggling up to me, so I took my pants off."

Lucy's voice was furious. "Pervert!"

Natsu made a face. "You didn't seem to mind last night. " He paused, looking at the blonde with concern. "Why's your face all red?"

"B-because!" She snapped in response. "Everyone thinks we slept together, and-"