The Past Is Past

(A/N - Warning: Dark childhood, child abuse, and cussing. Read if you must, thank you. And yes, I did get inspired by many other authors who wrote oneshots like this one. So I'd like to credit them!)

-Third person POV-

It was only a few minutes ago had Allura called everyone to join at their regular meeting area. With only being together for 3 months, she suggested a better way to get to know each other even more. She was questioned on this, and her response was quite the simplest, "In order to defeat Zarkon, we must know as much as we can about each other. Using this device, it will help us into figuring out your main struggles, and which we can help each other through them." She held a goofy-looking helmet. It was grey, almost silver, with two medium sized antennas sticking out. Everyone looked at it weirdly.

"This chair will also help with the process." She walked over to Coran, who had been standing beside the chair. "We will place the helmet on top of your heads, and it will search through your mind to find your main struggle."  Allura looked up with hope in her eyes. "Who would like to go first?"

The room was silent. Pidge was a little uneasy and nervous. Hunk was no different, except he craved for a donut all day and this would only keep him from ever getting one. Shiro was calm as all ways, it almost seemed like he thought this was a good idea. Keith only shrugged. He could do this, couldn't he? And Lance, oh Lance. He felt his heart drop and his face go pale. This was unfair.

"Wait, Allura?" Lance quickly asked. "Yes Lance?" She responded. "I-I..." he paused. "..Can I skip this one..?"

"Absolutely not! We are all doing this. Don't worry Lance, no one will judge you. We just want to help each other." She tried reassuring him, but the look on his face turned even more frantic. Her eyes squinted as she noticed this. "Are you alright?"

Lance winced at the question. What was he supposed to say? He couldn't ruin this for everyone, he couldn't make them wait any longer.

"I'm fine."

Allura nodded as he stepped back. Inhaling, she asked the same question again, "Alright, who would like to go first?"

Everyone either looked away or fidgeted with something, as they tried their best to avoid making direct eye contact with her. That's when Shiro stepped up. "I'll go first." He walked on over to the chair that was in front of them, and Allura placed the helmet onto his head. The miniature balls that hung onto the end of the antennas lit up, and a tiny screen appeared above his head. Soon enough, a scene from his memory played.

**Timeskip 'cause I'm too lazy and I just wanna get to the angst**

It was only about 20 minutes later, everyone had gone. All except Lance. Keith stood up from the chair as he was met with sad looks. Shiro patted his shoulder gently.

They all looked at Lance, their facial expressions telling him to go.

It was his turn.

He exhaled quietly as he sat in the chair. Allura hovered over him as she lowered the helmet. Soon enough, he could hear the antennas light up and already felt the helmet digging through his mind.

But he felt so sleepy. So, so sleepy. He had no idea why though. Just a minute ago, he was fully awake. But now, it felt like all that energy was being sucked right out of him as he soon found himself drifting into sleep.

✿⎯✿

Lance hid in his room underneath the covers. He could hear screams and shouts coming from downstairs. With every word their voices got louder, and louder, and louder until suddenly, it stopped. It was quiet. It was silent.