Episode 3 ~I killed Y/N~

"JEON JUNGKOOK!"

I shout at the landlord's cat that licks the last bits of ramyon from the table. Yea, I named him Jungkook, what's up with my life!? T^T
No food, no doable homework, already had practice so I better just go to sleep.

>one week later<

So the last few days just flew by. I got more hyped the less days we had until MAMA. Now we have a week left. In the past week I kept singing in my apartment, so loud until the moment I hoped would never happen happened. Not only did my neighbor come, but also my landlord complained T^T, not understanding my situation.

Back to topic, today is school and I have finally got music class last. My teacher is a cute short woman in her twenties, I think, she's American and she kept her English name in Korea.

We just call her Elena, since she doesn't like to see people trying to pronounce Smith-Andersen, while still getting it wrong even after 2 years. And also because she isn't much older than us (Americans don't seem to be bothered with dongsaengs talking informally to them)

The bell rings and Elena comes in. Half the class instantly starts goofing around, including me, putting my on my earphones. The Park twins aren't in my class for music, so it's kinda lonely.

"CLASS, BE QUIET for a minute!"

That shut them up fast, Elena never raised her voice before. Everyone looks shocked into her face while she starts class.

"So today instead of our usual goof around class, and occasional instrumental practice, we're going to practice your singing."

Most people give a deep sigh as we get up to collect the lyric papers.

I personally think I'm like the worst singer on earth, but there are moments when I think I do sound alright.

Everyone goes back into their usual groups mumbling things like
"why the hell do we even do this" to
"whoa miss scared me just now"

I just put my earphones back in and turn on my music as I start reading through the lyrics. Elena didn't put in the original artist so it took me a while to realise that it was a BTS song...wait what? OMG my music teacher's an ARMY!?

My eyes widen even more, I start to give an uncomfortably big smile. It's my current fave BTS song »Butterfly«. I sneakily go on my phone to change my track to Butterfly and put it on repeat.

Life is nice like this, I think to myself.

Every few minutes Elena asks one of us to come up into the next door room and sing part of the song, of course everyone knows the song (but not necessarily likes it u_u)

When it's my turn I go into the room next door with Elena, like everyone else did, to avoid getting stares.
...~~~~~~...
I sung the song how I knew it and tried my best not to fail. However, it surprises me that she let me finish the song.

"Y/N you just need to fix up some things like your posture and to get more emotion into the song.
Otherwise your good,especially your breathing. I believe you'd be real good after you practice a bit more. Just between us, out of everyone in the class you actually sing the best ;-)."

Oh wow, didn't think that I would ever get told this.

Class continues as usual until Elena decides to go from best teacher to worst teacher ever by saying the thing every shy person hates.

"Ok class SHUT UP!! And stand up, we're going to practice the song as a whole. EVERYONE has to do it."

Another round of sighs from the class. I hate it, can't I be home with Jungkook? But as the good student I am, I guess I need to change, for the sake of my dance crew as well.
Goodbye shy Y/N. FOREVER.
I know what I need to do to sing better, so I'll try when no one will hear me anyways.

Elena turns on the instrumental and signals when to start...

Amugeotdo saenggakhaji ma
neon amu maldo kkeonaejido ma
Eo, oh
Geunyang naege useojwo, yeah
Nan ajikdo mitgijiga anha
i modeun ge da kkumin geot gata
Eo, oh
Sarajiryeo hajima
Is it true? Is it true?
You You
neomu areumdawo duryeowo
Untrue Untrue
You You You...

The rest of the class sounded like a bad choir but got quieter over time until I was the only one left singing. They stared at me.

They looked at me in surprise as I sung the song, thinking of my boys, everything that Butterfly makes me think about. I sing it out loud and Elena gives me a big smile.

I feel proud to get stares for the first time, like when being proud of my boys getting big achievements, and them being plainly awesome, just it's me this time.

Even the people from the classes next door came to look through the Windows until I stop in amazement.

"Y/N!!"
Hyorin-ah and Sehunnie look through the door. How long have they been standing there!? I blush and just wave back reluctantly.

OMG even the most popular guy in our school was watching me, and like most girls I also have a crush on him.

His name is Chan Eunhyun, he is so handsome and even a trainee at an entertainment company, although he makes a big mystery out of which company he has the contract with.

Well, he looked surprised too. Elena then just said I did well and the bell rang soon after.

"So what was THAT Miss Shy?"
They both look at me with a smirk on their face, I just burst out laughing as we walk to the bus.

"Well, I don't know. I just sang Butterfly, Elena told us to learn it XD."

Hyorin elbows me "Even Eunhyun was staring. You should have seen his face!"

Six days left until I see THEM.

I finally changed. I finally broke my own prison of silence.
___________________

A/N: Watcha think? Don't hesitate to comment and vote!!!

Till then *~<