CHAPTER 11

Hey y'know how Niall has a floating kneecap? Well i incorporated the fact in this story.

CHAPTER 11

<<Niall's POV>>

I had noticed a couple, a young couple in the back that were dancing, but they seemed to have stayed away from everyone else. So I decided ta approach them when I finally finished dancing with the last lassie. The lass was gorgeous, aesthetically. She had darker skin. Especially for an Irish. She looked like as if she were partly Asian. The only Asians I've met were me old mate, Zayn and his father, Count Malik. I approached the woman, she seemed to freeze when she saw me. Maybe I approached her the wrong way or something. She put down her glass of Italian pinot and smiled at me.

I blushed, so I hadn't offended her. I studied her outfit. She had hoops, so it would be easier and I can grab her closer than all o' the lassies that were in bulky crinolines. Her nails weren't painted and she had a glowing soft face. the shoulders were unusually sculpted and muscular, as were the jaws. She was probably a feminist I assumed. But what scared me were the shoes she was wearing, they weren't the firm heels other were wearing, they were a lacy white with the heels that looked like stilettos. I hope not to anger her and get a hell impaling me foot.

I then recognized the man she was with. It was the same nosy servant, Louis, why do I keep seeing him? I hope he's not angry at me. I cleared me throat.

"Hello, m'lady, may I have this dance?" I asked, with a stiff bow. "I'm Niall James Horan." I introduced meself.

"Yes, ye may sir," she accepted with a curtesy. She took her gloves out of her purse and put them on. Her voice sounded strange, as if they were a lad's I wondered why.

"What is yer name, miss?" I asked, taking her gloved hands.

"Uh, I'm Countess Veronica, your majesty,"

"Yer name is quite unique, I don't believe I recognize that name, but I'm sure me father does." I said to her, sweeping her off her feet, careful not to get me foot stabbed. She didn't say anything just looked down with a smile.

"Hey, don't be shy, lass." I whispered. I loved how she was so mysterious. It made me want to dig into her more. All the other lassies were babbling aboot their drama lives. But I fancy this one. She looked at me face and I looked deeply in those starry eyes. Her smile showed off her polished white teeth. Most of the other ones had their teeth painted black, since that's what the fashion was I suppose, but I loved the sparkly white teeth. I smiled back.

"If, I may ask, why is yer voice so unique." I asked politely. Her smile vanished and I became worried that I did something wrong.

"Oh, well, I had a throat disease when I was a young lass." She answered

"Oh, well yer a bonnie lass, I hope yer man doesn't mind that." I commented

"Oh, Lou? He's me, uh, godfather, I'm single, y'know," she whispered. She picked up the pace of the dance. She had a mix of an Irish and British accent.

"Where are ye from?" I asked

"I was born in Bradford, England, but I grew up in Northern Ireland, the southern part o' it." She answered "Now I live here in Dublin."

"That's nice, I'd love to have ye over sometime again." I invited

"That's very kind, I hope I can, but I'm usually very busy," she replied

"Oh, well that's a shame, let's go ta the garden, if that's okay with ye." I suggested

"Oh yes, but I'm quite tired, I've had a very busy week,"