CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

<<Zayn's POV>>

<<At the park>>

"So anyways." I said, clearing me throat, "How were yer day?" I asked

"Fine, me master left me alone more today." Liam said. Their horniness seemed to waned away now.

"Oh okay, do ye plan on going to the ball?" asked Louis

"Uh, no, I don't, I don't have much a reason to." I lied. In reality I had a million reasons why I needed to go to the ball.

"I was intending on going, but Liam obviously can't, and I don't want to go alone." Louis said, looking at me.

"Well, maybe I can," I said, hoping for something. No, that'll never happen. That wouldn't be fair to Liam. "Anyways, so did you two have fun?" I asked. Louis and Liam looked at each other as if they had a dirty secret, which isn't a lie. Then they just giggled. I probably brought their libidos back, but I don't care. As long as they are happy, I'm willing to do anything for them. They have more reasons than I do to live and be successful. I'm just a worthless, lazy bastard, after all.

I got up because the reminder of the night was too much for me. Liam grabbed me hand and I jumped.

"What the hell happened to ye, Zayn?" Liam gasped. My heart fell to hell.

"Uh, I don't know what you mean, mate," I lied, hopefully they won't see, but they already have.

"Yer hands, they're blistered!" exclaimed Liam. Whew! It wasn't what I thought they saw.

"Oh, I had to do some laundry again and me skin doesn't really calluses very well." I explained.

"Ah, okay, why are ye leaving?" asked Louis, "The bonnie night is still quite young." Since I didn't want him to find out, I decided to stay.

"Oh, well I was just takin' a little stretch," I answered. I bent over and popped my fingers. Then I sat back down. We watched the moon, which Louis called a waxing gibbous. I didn't care what the moon was called, it was such a bonnie sight and I never wanted it to end. I regretted about what I did to meself with the iron. I did deserve to live right? My meaning for life is to comfort and befriend this lovely newlywed. I kept a straight face as I thought about the ball. I desperately wanted to go, but Lady Trisha won't allow it.

But then I realized, why am I doing everything that she is telling me? I'm seventeen, I'm practically a man, I think. Why do I need to listen to someone when I can care for meself? I rubbed me hands through me hair and marveled at what I've been searching for the whole time. I don't have to listen to that cunt. She has no control over me life.

However, as I thought this, I began to doubt. I realized that I would probably be thrown out. I would be a penniless beggar and orphaned once again. I thought and worried. Anxiety was crawling up me heart. Should I take a leap of faith? Liam and Louis gaped at me, I must have been thinking aloud. So I smiled at them, finally seeing the solution to me problems, but that was not why they were gaping apparently.

"Zayn?" asked Liam,

"Yes"? I asked, about to tell them that I would no longer serve her, Lady Trisha.

"What happened to yer arm?" asked Louis aghast. Me heart went back to hell. Me arms went up and my heart went down. I shouldn't have put me arm in me hair. Me sleeves fell down, revealing nasty iron and coal burns. My skin was a nasty smear of red, pink, whites and black.

"Oh, uh, I accidentally dropped some coal on meself as I was ironing tonight." I lied

"Oh, I'm sorry, they look like pretty bad burns." Remarked Louis. Liam looked at me kid of odd.