The Murder Princess-Blood bond

The distance between the palace and the town of Mear took us about a day. We would’ve been near the palace right now if it wasn’t for Jezebel falling off of her horse as she closed her eyes to take a short nap.

I leaned against the tree that was behind me, looking at the darkness of the night with only the dim light of the fire I built.

Master and Jezebel had fallen asleep; I only need a little bit of sleep. I can stay awake for 4 whole days straight without getting any sleep that’s because of my eyes and the instinct held within them.

Closing my eyes I listened to my surroundings, the sound of the wind pushing the tree’s heavy branches, the way the stream flowed down the river that was rushing under the cliff we were sitting on top of.

There was also the sound of a twig snapping, making me instantly grip the hilt of my rose princess. My eyelids pulled back giving me a perfect view of the cliff in front of me.

“Steady now, Amelia it’s only a hare.”

I let my hand slip from the hilt of my sword, “Aren’t you suppose to be falling asleep?” I asked looking over at master sitting up

“I can’t let you take the whole night,” he said

“I’ve slept, master you know I can last a couple of days without sleep. Now go back to sleep old man before you hurt your hip.” I told him closing my eyes again

“You know one day you’ll regret making fun of elderly people,” he said lying back down

I smiled as I listened to the night’s monsters out looking for food.

*!*!*!*!*!*!*!*

“Oh I’ve missed the beauty of the King’s Palace,” Jezebel exclaimed clapping her hands together

“Nothin’ changed from the last time we were here.” I mumbled tired of Jezebel’s constant rambling of the Palace.

“Stop being such a grump, Amelia. You can do that when I’m not near you,” she said

“Funny how I’m not such a grump when I’m around you.” I grunted, master chuckled as he heard me.

Jezebel heard me but chose to ignore it, and pulled the reins on her horse making it go faster.

Finally getting to the entrance of the palace, we were first searched even thought Master was a council member. Getting thought the entrance we were greeted with a young man coming at master with a sword in hand.

My sword glistened in the light as it hit the young man’s sword blocking it from cutting master up,

“Amelia, stand down” Master said in a calmly manner

I didn’t move from my spot, I was stunned by the person who tried to attack master. The yellow colored hair that fell at his eyes and the piercing blue eyes that had hate filled in them. His bumped nose from what looked like has been broken before and the muscles that was being shown even with a periwinkle blue loose shirt and dark pants.

It was the young prince of Liok, the man who was arranged to marry the young princess.

Even though i knew who he was I wasn’t going to back down. He tried to hurt master and there’s no way I’ll let that pass by.

“Listen to your master, girlie.” He said looking at me with eyes of hate

“I will skin you alive if you ever call me that again,” I said pushing down more on my sword

“Amelia!” Master yelled

Knowing I was going too far I pushed his sword against mine moving him and let my leg get behind his foot causing him to trip.