The Murder Princess-Cold Bitter Steel

The mourning clouds floated above the castle, creating the setting of a gloomy day.

"Are you sure you'll be okay Princess?" Shea asked putting on her small hat like Jezebel had done to me.

"Well you havent given me much of a chose," I snapped. Shea flinched but didn't say a word, she quickly put on her wool coat and left the princess's bed chamber. I sighed and went to the door opening just a crack, "Thomas are you there?"

"Yes milady,"

Me and Thomas have gotten a better understanding of each other from the number of hours i've spent in my room.

"Dont let any one inside my chambers. I dont want to be disturbed from my nap,"

"Yes your highness." he said obidently and i closed the door locking it.

With the blue rag i had, i dipped it in the water basin and washed off all the paint that was on my face. A pinch of the special powder i was back to my cursed eyes which i surprisingly missed because they are the only thing real in this whole big mess.

Jezebel had surprised me with new clothes for when i'm being myself. Something about how you can still see the blood on my other clothing.

What didn't surprise me is that her chose of clothing considered me wearing a dress like i didnt get that already. Picking up the dress from the straps i had to admit that Jezebel did a good job of putting in her taste of clothing with mine.

The dress was a warriors garb. It was rough leather that was a dark red color almost brown. The corset is laced up from the front so i could get in and out of it myself. The skirt has slits down the sides so my danger is in easy reach that can be easily hid. Jezebel must be in a good mood when she bought me the dress, she even considered to waste a few gold pieces of a laced up jacket that had a large hood to cover my face just like it did with my bare arms. It matched the color of the dress perfectly.

I quickly shed my princess clothing and wore the newly warrior garb that will be worn by me always. My admiration for it has gone to the level of admiration of Thunder.

The rose princess was hanging proudly at my side, while my dager was straped around my thigh that was covered with the dress. Deer skin boots that reach my knee were dyed with a dark color to resembeling black.

WIth everything in place, i popped my hood over my face covering it. Over at the window i opened it looking down and around for anyone. Then flipped over the sile falling down until i hit hard ground in a crouching position. With one more glance around the area i jumped from i ran to the stables.

There in the stables waiting, was both master and Jezebel both in black.

"Amelia," Master said in a shocking voice, "What are you doing here?"

"I heard that there'll be food afterwards so," I trailed on and smirked,

Jezebel shook her head, "You should be ashamed! This is the King's funeral after all!"

I paused, "Nope, not at all. He did put me in a situation that will never be paid up for."Jezebel rolled her eyes and pulled on her black gloves, "Well at least you wore appropriate clothing."

I looked down at the dress she bought me, i guess you could say that i was wearing black but from a distance.

"It looks good on you, my mind has yet to shock me." Jezebel said praising herself,

"I'm yet shocked that you have a mind,"

"Amelia," Master said as if he was warning me, i rolled my eyes in response. Jezebel huffed and puffed but didn't say a word not wanting to get in trouble by master. "I ask again what are you doing here?"