10.10.2017 - Watching the Other Sleep

You're selfish. So damn selfish.
Allegra lied wide awake on his bed, those words whispered in his head as he stared into space. Strange, he hadn't been thinking about his past relationship ever since he met Bunny. He's usually fast asleep after their usual sex, hands latched onto his girlfriend, but now those whispers bothered him again.

He turned to and watch the girl sleeping soundly next to him, her lashes shook as she dreamed, her shoulder rose and fall slowly as she breathed slowly, steady. Her lips parted, there were hair falling on her face, which he carefully move to the back of her head. He can still smell her flowery, powdery scent with a little tangy hint in it, probably from what they did earlier.

"Am I?" He thought silently.

Bunny never said anything, though. She rarely complaints, she always does what he wants her to, she basically worshipped him, that much he knew. As much as he tried to shower her with gift and love and affection, he demanded more than he gives, sometimes thinking that if Bunny loves him, she would do as much as he was willing to jump in danger to save her. So he didn't ask. He thought he deserved it.

"Do I?" He stared into her closed eyes. Now he noticed how small her figure was. He could cup her face in his hand, her wrist were so small and thin and so was her waist. She was just pretty. The way her lips parted and the pink flesh curved above her chin, the way her nose, small and shy, protruded between her round eyes. She was so pretty and so kind and even though she worked for an underground network, she was willing to expose her most vulnerable part of her for him to hold.

He thought of what she had done for him and what he had done for her. She was probably the only woman for whom he did a lot of things. Maybe he liked her because at first she was hard and chase was fun, now he liked her because she cared for him a lot and maybe because she submitted to him. Maybe he guarded her like a dragon guarded his hoard because he thought he needed her. He was, without doubt, deeply in love with and lust after her, so much that sometimes he forgot that Bunny can be tired too, that sometimes he should let her be his princess and him her butler.

Bunny stirred awake and muttered why he's still awake. With a faint smile he told her he is about to sleep and pulled her blanket up to keep her warm, then let her took his hand as she drifted back to sleep. He watched her for a minute then closed his eyes. A smug rose as another thought struck him on his chest.

"Stupid colonel. She didn't just submit to you. She had you completely wrapped around her finger."

---

I'm one day behind but really wanted to write this..