25:: Sabrina The Waitress

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I muttered under my breath as the two guys came towards us.

“Just in time, we just sat down.” My father informed the both of them.

“Well that’s good. I thought we were going to be late.” My father and his friend gave each other one of those weird guy handshake and hug things, making me roll my eyes. I had seen them do it plenty of times before.

“Good to see you and Hayden took a bit getting ready so I thought we were going to be late.” They both laughed, patting each other on the back before shrugging into the rounded booth. Next to me sat my brother and my dad and then his friend who came right to the edge of the booth on their side.

Internally groaning I looked up into the greenish-blue eyes that held so many memories and bit my lip.

“Son, why don’t you take the seat next to Hayden catch up? You two haven’t seen each other in a while.” My father ushered him into the booth next to me and I instantly felt uncomfortable.

Too bad my father didn’t know the whole story behind our ‘relationship’, if you could even call it one. We saw one another almost every day now even though our exchanging of words had stopped.

“So, how have you been?” Their conversation started where ours stayed silent. Instead I tuned them out and tried to mess with Chris rather than have to face this jackass next to me.

“You’ve got to talk to me sooner or later.” He whispered in my ear as I watched Chris play a game on his IPod. I tried not to make eye contact as I continued to look down at Chris’s video game. When I felt a hand rest against my knee I sighed.

“Kyle, we’ve got nothing to talk about. Now, take your hand off of my knee.” My voice was low, but it held the threat deeply.

When the hand didn’t move, I reached mine down and placed it over his. His grip tightened a bit as I tried to pry it off, finger by finger. By the time I got to his pinky, his other hand rested on my thigh. I ground my teeth together, probably making a terrible noise, but I didn’t care, he was bugging the shit out of me!

“For one last time, take your grimy hands off of me!”

“What would you like to order?” The peppy voice cut into my death glare, causing me to turn and face her. She wasn’t bad looking at all. She was actually pretty with her dark red curls and big blue eyes. I was kind of hoping she’d get Kyle’s attention. I glanced over her name tag, reading her name carefully.

Sabrina.

Even her name was pretty! Yet, no looks from her to Kyle or the other way around. You hear about girls getting jealous when the pretty waitress flirts with their guy, but when you want it to happen, it doesn’t. You end up getting the opposite. Well, so some extent and what I got was different from what I thought would happen.

“And you Miss.” Her eyelashes fluttered as she turned towards me, sitting in her hip a little so her butt stuck out a bit.