Princess Drea

Chapter 7

Zalden

      Her name was positively alluring, truly suiting her. When I found out her name I felt as if I should introduce myself. I found the perfect opportunity to when she explained who I was to her parents, using her mom’s hesitancy as an opening. Their eyes all shifted to me including hers, which made me pleased, I liked having her attention. Her dad was glaring at me and her mom looked upon me in interests. The room was completely silent. I slowly put my hand down knowing that no one was going to shake it. Her dad continued to glare at me her mom glares just a bit softer.

        "Zalden was it? How did you get here? “Her dad questioned.

I looked at her dad confused. The white witch told me that there would be other faeries on this planet who would know that I was coming and that if I ever had any doubts to tell them to drop their guard.

           "If you want to know then first you must drop your guard." I said it firmly not really knowing what reaction these words were supposed to produce. Her dad's gaze turned to her mom, their glances saying unsaid things between each other. Then they slowly nodded simultaneously. I watched as they began to transform, their bodies beginning to take the form of a faerie. The only significant difference was their wings, and the red and blue prints embroidered on their ears, and the same colored crystals encrusted on their foreheads; evidence that they were the missing king and queen of Farina. I would not have known of them if not for the stories about the vanishing king and queen I was told since I could remember. At the realization of their royalty I unknowingly knelled down on one knee.

        The white witch sent me here to retrieve the princess of Farina. The country is in a dire situation. The goblins have almost completely taken over the land. They kill anyone they please and destroy the villages with pleasure. Some of the male goblins are even overwhelming the female faeries against their will. The only thing that remains in faeries' hands is the kingdom which they are very close to capturing.

         The white witch told me that when I bring back the princess the land will come back under the faeries control." I told them more than I intended to, but they were the king and queen after all. They were silent for awhile. I glanced at Drea, smiling to myself at how naturally I thought her name. My gaze making her blush, turning her cheeks into a delightful shade of pink.

"That's sad. Now please tell us how you got here and how you intend to take the princess back with you." The king responded in a depressed tone.

I pulled out the stones out that the white witch gave me.

"I was able to come here with magic we gathered from some of the faeries of Farina. They were willing to give it to us in the hope of bringing back Farina to its former glory. I am supposed to be able to return with me and the princess's power, and these transportation stones. Which I myself don't understand because it took more than two faeries to get me here and that was just me."

"Well you'll understand it when we tell you who and where the princess is. The princess is actually-" The queen tried to explain but was cut short by the king.

"Stop Liz, I think we should talk to Drea about this first." The king said assertively.

They exchanged glances then lead Drea out of the room, leaving me alone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drea

         I was glad mom and dad escorted me out of the room. I really needed some quality get-my-mind-together- time. After what I heard about Farina I kind of did want to go and help. They were sort of my people after all.