fledgelings, graduation, new power (edited and republished) (fire kingdom)

(during some of the talking and stuff I will write in playwright form but when that's not going on, then I go back to my normal story telling)

[Boy (teen 17 yrs.)] "He's late for the 15th time this month!".
[Girl (teen)16 yrs.]"I wonder what his excuse is this time"?
"He always seems to never be around after class you know".
[Boy]"He's part of our group for crying out loud, I will not let him be my downfall of getting into the guild, it's my one dream to go on missions with those guys".
[Girl] "well, I'm just trying to pass the class, i mean all I wanted to do was be a normal person who contributes to society but my parents think I have the potential to be a great magic user, I don't even know if I can wield fire!"
[Boy] "ok, relax alright, just try to make the best of it, it's a great honor to protect our nation, most people would kill to be one of the elites let alone those who can stand up to those dangerous bunch of guys who work for the demon king."

*Another boy [roughly around the same height as the other 2 characters and 17 yrs. Old] makes it to classroom and sits next to other boy and girl*

"Ugh, listen guys I'm so sorry I'm late."

"You should be, what you do? Over sleep?"

"No, I got yelled out by dad, he told to get my grades up or there would be consequences, I don't understand, why can't I just live my life without being expected to fight for our nation, I honestly hate fighting unless it's again people who deserve it. I mean I don't even know the story of why we fight".

[Boy] "ok calm down Taka, it's bad enough I have to hear it from Kari, I don't need to hear it from you too."

(Taka) "well I'm sorry, I just wish I had your nice and supporting parents over my dad who seem to only want me to live up to expectations he has planned for me except my social life because thank God I still have that!
Anyways what's our assignment Hanzo?"

[Hanzo] "well our assignment is to create a fire resistance potion by gathering the ingredients, mixing it all up and testing them on some targets that will be set up later, which will then be used for target practice againt the teacher to see if the potion is mixed together properly."
[Taka] "sounds easy, so remind me how to make it?"
[Kari] " well, to make it you need some magma that is molded and shaped into a ball of cream and hide from a creature that has black and brown skin and fur, but since you couldn't come along with us to hunt for these items, we got them ourselves. All we need to do is mix the ingredients".

[Taka] "neat, well let's get this mixed and ready for testing"

Taka, Kari and Hanzo spend 30 minutes making about 13 doses of fire resistance potions.

[Taka] "alright we're all set, can't wait to test these out tommorow."
[Hanzo] "hold up, first things first, Taka you need to be on time for now on ok? Because your going to end up repeating the class while we graduating and become Elite fire weilders. You may sometimes be unbearable to work with but you really make up for with determination, so please don't let your talents be waste when your capable of great things."
[Taka] "I promise to try, if that makes you feel better and less concerned. Anyways see ya tomorrow." *Taka heads home*

[Kari] "if we 3 end up working together for the rest of our lives, maybe things won't be so bad in our future".

*Time skip to about 3-5 years later. Our 3 fire nation characters are on their way to take a test on their magic abilities, after completing the rest of their school credits* (I time skiped because I don't want to sound like I'm running out of ideas)

[Taka] oh man I'm so excited to see if my magic can impress the shaman.

[Honzo] I'm hoping to at least be able to pass.