Ch. 5

Part 5

The next day MC dropped Dae-Hyun off at school, she kissed the top of his head and watched him go into the building. Her smile faded when he was out of sight. She was dreading going to work and having Viviane bombard her with questions about the day before.

She walked to the bakery, mulling over answers to this private questions. Her relationship with Zen had been a private one, the only time anyone knew he was in a serious relationship with her, was her very first party she helped organized, where he proved himself innocent of the sexual harassment accusation by Echo Girl, and told the whole world his love for MC.

That was a big stir in their lives but they had gotten through it together, sure, they had to make sure that the curtains were closed at all times, especially when she or Zen got out of the shower or when they made love, but they supported each other and he made sure she was happy. That’s why the affair shocked MC to her very core, when she caught him. She had thought they were doing great. She had thought that they would get married at some point in their relationship.

MC felt tears prick the back of her eyes, making her stop in the middle of the sidewalk to take a deep breath to calm her emotions. It’s been four years, she still felt hurt over the affair, but she still loved him and she scolded herself for admitting it to herself.

Once she knew she wasn’t going to cry, she resumed her walk to work. When she entered the bakery, she could’ve sworn she heard the theme song to ‘Jaws’ in her mind, once Viviane spotted her. And she did look like a shark who caught on to the scent of blood in the water.

MC’s fight or flight instinct kicked in, she wanted to flee the crazed woman, who now was walking towards her, with fury in her eyes.

“MC, what’s your relationship with MY Zenny?” she almost shouted.

Well she doesn’t beat around the bush, does she?, MC thought. She steeled her nerves, “It’s none of your business, Viviane.” she stated walking pass the woman, heading towards her sanctuary, the kitchen.

“But it is my business, since he’s my future husband.” Viviane said, following behind MC.

MC rolled her eyes, “Till the day he introduces you to his friends as his “fiancè”, then I’ll tell you.”

“And he will, i promise you that, i mean we did spend some time talking after you covered him in frosting. He even asked if he could see me again.” she said with a sly smile.

MC put on her apron and started mixing ingredients to make bread dough, “Viviane, you do know that i can tell when you're lying, right?” she said without even looking at her.

Viviane’s eyes widen in disbelief, “Y-y-you don’t know that!” she stutters.

“You forget, I’ve been working here for 4 years and I’ve been quietly observing my surrounding and the people who always come here, since i started here.” she then glanced at Viviane, “I’ve had to learn how to read people and everything. So your lie is nothing compared to what I’ve seen.” she stated.

“You’re lying MC, you don’t know anyth-” the bell chimed above the bakery’s entrance, interrupting Viviane’s claim. She pointed her finger towards MC, "I'm not done talking to you because you will tell me about you and Zen whether you like it or not.” she said, stomping out of the kitchen.