FINAL PHASE

-Shinomiya Hayato's POV-

It's been almost a week since our 'date' or whatever you want to call it. I haven't seen Senpai at all right after that. Both of us were too busy doing other things and we hardly meet during school hours. Somehow, everything seems to revert back to how we were before he started saying all those weird stuff. It's like.... nothing ever happen....

....... somehow, there's a strange squeezing feeling deep in my heart whenever I think about the possibility of Senpai leaving me or pretending that none of this happen. Something just feel odd.

But, even if I want to see him, I don't think I should. After all, this is what I wanted. I wanted him to leave me alone and find some other random girls to fool with. But..... is that really what I want?

Just the thought of him holding another girl's hand is impossible for me to comprehend. I don't want to see it. I don't want to hear about it. I don't want anything to do with it.

-BAM!-

I jumped to my feet upon hearing the loud bang. "s-sorry!" I apologised and bowed down. The teacher gave me a distasteful look and clicked her tongue. "Shinomiya-kun, I expect you to be on your best behavior! I need you to concentrate on MY lesson and not daydreaming about your personal matter."

I blushed from the embarrassment. Shit! How could I let myself be humiliated like that?! It's all because I was too preoccupied with Mutsumi-senpai!

"Shinomiya-kun! As your punishment, I'll need you to sort out the old documents later. Don't you run away." She continued.

"y-yes....I understand. I apologise again..."

She told me to sit down and said if she ever caught me daydreaming again, she'll give me a bigger punishment. I sighed softly and pulled my chair back. I bet she just wants someone to do her work while she relax in the teacher's lounge. Typical......

-After class-

"So, sort out the old documents and the recent ones. Place them separately. Then, I need you to stack them up according to their year. Once you're done with that, sort out the student's documents. You can throw out the the graduates' documents . They won't be needing it anymore." Instructed the teacher.

"Alright...."

"I'll be in the teacher's office if you need anything. I'll come back to check on you later in the evening. So, don't you dare slack off understand Shinomiya-kun? "

I gave a small nod. To be honest, I don't think I can sort out ALL the documents in time. I don't think they ever sort it out! Some of the documents were from the time I was still in primary school!

.....maybe she never sort it out..... typical....

"Oh well....no use complaining! It's my fault for daydreaming after all." I muttered to myself. Just when I was about to start, someone knocked on the door.

"Excuse me...is anyone in here?"

Huh?! Wait, isn't that Senpai's voice?! What is he doing here?! He should be long gone by now! It's after school hours after all.

"Umm... yeah! Sorry, I'm suppose to sort out some documents...." I said in reply. Senpai poked his head in and smiled. "I knew it was your voice. So, why are you here?"

I blushed from embarrassment. I can't tell him I got caught daydreaming in class. It's unusual for me to do that anyway. "Er....no-nothing! I'm er, just helping out." I lied.

Senpai smiled and flicked my forehead. "You're a bad liar. " Senpai said.

It's not that I'm a bad liar.....you're the one who could see me through....no matter how hard I hide it, you can always figure it out. ".....I...was caught daydreaming during class. As a punishment, I was told to do this." I muttered, pointing to the stack of old documents.