Chapter 9 Hide it!

Zane's POV (Here's the fat lil nugget)

"Mom..dad....?"

"What are you talking about....?" Garroth finished Vylad's question. We all stood at the frame that connects the entrance of the house to the living room.

"Gah!" Our parents turned towards us. Their eyes were wide and panicked, along with their expressions. Did they not hear us come in?

"W-when did you four come home!?" Our father exclaimed as I notice a piece of unfolded paper in his hand.

"Just now. What's with the troubled expressions?" Garroth asked them with concern. Actually, all four of us had our own concerned expressions.

"B-because I.... Have to meet Sylvanna for dinner and I'm nowhere near ready!" Mom exclaimed, still in a panicky state.

"Hm. Sounds about right." Vylad spoke up. "But why is dad all panicky then?"

"Because she told me I have to drive her there and we're running late! So Honey, let's get you ready and going!" He said as the two rushed up stairs as if they were Sonic before rushing down. Mom kissed all of our heads as they rushed to the door. "See you later, bye!" With the door quickly shut, we were left with silence as we were stunned. Garroth, Vylad and I looked at one another.

"They're definitely hiding something." The three of us said at the same time. It was obvious we all had the same question in our heads. What are they hiding....? I then realized Inv- Y/n.. was still stunned, her eyes laced with disbelief. Within a matter of moments, an imaginary light bulb lit above my head. Mom kissed her head.... Kissed her....

"Hey! Mom made spaghetti with dinner rolls!" Vylad called out, bringing me out of thought in that moment.

"Get the butter!" Garroth called out as I saw him drop everything he had in his hands and run to the kitchen. He's always loved mom's dinner rolls with butter. He'd cut them open like a a hot dog bun and smear butter on it while it's still hot. The one thing he's good for other than being a dult. I clear my throat slightly to catch Y/n's attention. Mission: Fail.  Second try, I gently tapped her shoulder. Mission: Success.

"We should get some food before Garroth eats all the dinner rolls." I say as I turned my head to the side. She stayed silent for a moment, I could feel her gaze on me. It's almost seemed as if she was trying to analyze me. "C-come on.." I say before marching away to the kitchen. I could tell she really didn't have any other option, so she just followed. I would have normally taken the silence as something I wouldn't care about but she is just confusing and a little difficult to understand. But I feel like I can relate to her in some way. If anything, I probably can relate to her the most in this house.

"Garroth! Finish your food before you get another dinner roll!" Walking into the kitchen, I see Vylad standing in front of Garroth, holding him back from taking any more of those delicious buns.

"Please~! I want another one!" The elder brother of ours pleaded. Despite being the oldest and already an adult, he always acts like the youngest. Vylad would act mature or take the parent role as if he were the oldest but would have a hard time, such as now. And then there's me, the silent and annoyed one who could fit right in any place but just doesn't. I lock myself in my room eating cupcakes for crying out loud. I didn't have a place to be put in, I don't really matter. But then again....people have it worse than I do. I'm pretty sure Inv- Y/n..felt the same before coming here; living in this house with the majority being boys. Does she still feel that way?

"Look out!" A bun was thrown and it had hit me square in the face before falling to the dirty floor. I stood there with my vision gone since my eyes were closed as I let out a low growl with my arms crossed.

"Why don't you just eat the food instead of playing with it!?!" I nearly yelled with possibly a tick mark on my head and anger in my visible blue eye as it was now open.

"Ah! Sorry baby brother!" Oh that horrid nickname from him.

"Don't call me that Garroth!" This is everyday life, this is what people have to get used to the more they visit. This is what Y/n has to get used to and adjust to now that she lives here. We have to get used to her as she become more comfortable and more open.

——

3rd Person POV

"Zianna....we can't hide this from her forever." Garte spoke as they sat in the car far away from the house with the open letter in his hands.

"I know but....I don't think she wants to be put in that situation after all..that happened. She's been through enough." The dark haired woman spoke as she looked at her husband with a gentle and saddened gaze. He returned the gaze as they both looked down at the summons in his hands.....

A court date.