Ch. 7

Bellamy continued on with his day, taking over the food orders for Indra. He spent hours in the office, trying not to hover. He helped do dishes and bus tables to help out, Carl was cleaning the grill.

"See y'all tomorrow," he waved to everyone as they all clocked out and left.

Indra and Clarke walked into the kitchen, Indra clearing off Clarke's plates and rinsing them off. "Is your car here?"

"Uh, I e-mailed for it," Clarke scratched her neck.

"You're still doing that?" Indra sighed. "You could have called the woman."

Clarke shrugged, but laughed. "The system has worked for three years."

Indra shook her head. "Well, where are you staying?"

"Stop worrying your pretty little head, Clarke teased her. "I'm good, I'm going to be at the motel while I look for a place for rent."

"Your house is still empty," Bellamy butted in.

"What?" Clarke asked.

"They never sold it," Indra shrugged. "Call. Your. Mother!" She demanded with a laugh.

"Okay, okay. I'll call her in the morning," she laughed. "See you tomorrow, Indra. Nice to meet you, Bellamy!" She grabbed her bags and left, the front door closing behind her.

"Would you like to be a gentleman?" Indra asked.

Bellamy sighed, rolling his eyes. "You owe me," he told her, grabbing his keys. Bellamy hopped into his truck and pulled out, next to Clarke on the side walk. "Hop in," he nodded.

"Look, I know Indra told you to, but I'm okay," she smiled. "I'm sorry she sent you."

Bellamy threw the truck into park and came around, grabbing her luggage and putting it into the truck. "It's no problem at all."

Clarke climbed in and buckled, Bellamy putting the truck back into gear. Knowing she would say no if he asked, Bellamy turned into the small grocery store. She would need something to eat in the morning. "Come on," he smiled.

"I'm okay, you can just-"

"Clarke, come on. Get what you need, I need a few things, too."

He heard her soft sigh, but she dug eagerly in her bag, pulling out her wallet. He smiled a little, grabbing a buggy for them.