3. Wager

WAGERBy perfectiondeception

WAGER
By perfectiondeception

The clock strikes midnight in Barley's Sampson's household. The Witching Hour has begun. Barley, along with four of his closest friends, have decided to play the popular boardgame Wager during the Witching Hour on October 13th, Friday.He's seen the rumours from Reddit posts that few players have played the game at midnight on Friday the 13th and survived.Could the rumours be true? Or is it all just a trick?

Could the rumours be true? Or is it all just a trick?

Welcome to Wager!

1. You must have five players to play.

2. Select your host.

3. The host goes first.

4. The host receives two votes automatically to cast during an elimination. A tie vote always results in a dice rolling duel. The player with the LOWEST number survives elimination.

5. When it is your turn, select a red card. However, blue cards are for the host only.

7. If a player selects a red card painted blue on the opposite side, they become the host.

8. If any player rolls a six, they may choose a purple card instead of red if they wish.

9. Purple cards, however, contain advantages... but also consequences.

10. This game has three stages.

11. Three people advance to stage two, and two people will advance to stage three.

12. No cards will be selected in stage three. The only possible moves are rolling the dice to advance and wagers.

13. The last two players fight for victory. The last player remaining is the winner!

* * *

The old grandfather clock strikes twelve. Twelve chimes ring, echoing off the walls of Barley's home, ominously.

"Who's ready to play? The Witching Hour has arrived," he says in a hushed tone, trying to spook his friends. Everybody sitting in the circle laughs.