3

{Song: Intertwined by Dodie}

"Marilla please hurry, we can't be late for church!" Anne said nervously.

"Never thought I'd here you say that before," Marilla said with a chuckle. "You look stunning Anne."

Anne had worn the dress in the middle, like Gilbert had suggested, and her beautiful red hair was in a tight bun.

"Thank you...now can we please go? Matthew is already outside."

"Oh hush up girl and go help Matthew hitch up the horses. You sure are getting mighty excited over seeing Gilbert...and don't mess up your bun." Marilla said with a sigh.

"It's not Gilbert, I just really love Jesus!" Anne yelled at Marilla as she ran out of the door to go help Matthew as it had been suggested.

"Well you didn't love Jesus this much last week!" Marilla yelled back at Anne, causing her to turn around and stick her tounge out. Marilla couldn't help but chuckle.

"That's my girl," She said softly.

"That's my Anne."

+

"Let's go!" Anne exclaimed happily, immediately jumping down off of the wagon.

Gilbert sat on the front step of the church, his hat in his hand. His head immediately raised from looking at the ground when he heard Anne's voice. A smile grew on his face and his heard began to pound.

Marilla was right, Anne did look stunning, and Gilbert would most definitely agree.

"Wow, Anne, hi, wow." Gilbert stuttered.

"Good morning Mr.Blythe," Anne remarked while giving him a small curtsy. "Shall we go into church?"

"We shall." Gilbert replied with a huge grin, his inside feeling warm with happiness.

Gilbert boldly linked his arm with Anne's, causing Marilla to laugh lightly.

"I don't mind Anne and Gilbert together they're cute. Don't you agree?" Marilla questioned Matthew.

"I don't think Anne should be with a boy, she's too young." Matthew said sadly. He could already feel his baby girl slowly fading away.

"Oh hush, let her be happy. And fix your hair, it looks like a mess." Marilla said, shaking her head and walking behind Gilbert and Anne into the small church.

Heads turned as Gilbert and Anne walked down the aisle to the pew in which they were to sit in. They looked absolutely beautiful together, Anne's blue dress matching Gilbert's navy blue suit perfectly.

The couple sat down, avoiding the eyes that were focused on them, Ruby's specifically. Anne could feel Ruby and Josie Pye burning holes through her with their eyes.

But Anne didn't pay attention to them Anne didn't care. Instead she focused on the boy in next to her, the boy she has missed so dearly.

"I really did miss you Gilbert." Anne whispered to him as the church service began.

Gilbert took Anne's hand into his and squeezed it gently.

"I missed you too, Anne Shirley...but a lot more, of course."

+

I think I'm gonna double update today!!