10

Anne spent the rest of the entire day finding out more about Cholangiocarcinoma. She discovered that it was a form of cancer that resides in the slender tubes that carry the digestive fluid bile through the liver. There were less than 20,000 cases of it per year.
Though it was very rare, it was curable, giving Anne a flicker hope in a time of darkness.

Anne stoped going to school, so that when she left in the morning, she went to Gilbert's house instead of the schoolhouse. Long days spent with the brunette boy were lovely, and the two made memories they would surely never forget.

One day, Anne sat in a chair on the side of Gilbert's bed, playing with his hair. She had never realized how soft it was, and how beautiful the natural curves were.

"Anne?"

"Yes?"

"Why do you come see me everyday?"

Anne shrugged in response, not quite sure of why herself. "I guess I don't want you to be alone."

A bright grin appeared on Gilbert's face. "Thank you, really thank you. I love your company."

Anne's cheeks became covered in a light blush, which she tried to hide, and failed.

The two began to talk about various things, but soon their conversation got deeper. They began to talk about love, and how you knew you were in love.

"I think you just know. It's something you don't have to question, it's something you're just absolutely positive about." Gilbert stated, staring intensely into Anne's eyes.

Anne smiled dreamily, now playing with Gilbert's fingers. "I think love is so bliss. Two people dedicated to each other, so deeply in love that they can spend the entire rest of their lives together, it's so wonderful. Imagine having such an amazing experience."

"Trust me, I can do more than imagine it..." Gilbert mumbled. Anne blushed yet again, wondering why she was becoming so flustered.

"Um...I'm sorta hungry." Gilbert said, attempting to change the topic.

"Same! I'll heat us up some soup?"

Gilbert nodded with a small smile. And as the red headed girl left to heat up their lunch, he could only think of one thing.

He was falling in love with Anne Shirley.