Memories of the Past

In no time at all, Defence Against the Dark Arts had became most peoples favourite class. Only Draco and his group of Slytherins had anything bad to say about Professor Lupin. Which June would scolded him in private for doing so.

"Draco just because someone doesn't dress to your standards, doesn't make them bad at what they do." June scolded in classroom one hundred and nighty-five.

"I'm sorry, it's hard to break old habits." Draco apologized, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Draco, trust me I know. It just pains me when you hang around those Slytherins. I see them as bad news." June said taking a seat next to him, on top of a dusty desk.

June and Draco coughed, then laughed.

"I know they're bad news. I just grew
up with them -"

"You grew up with Maribelle, yet her getting sorted into another house, you stopped talking to her." said June.

"I would have gotten judged if I talked to her, Gryffindor robes, Slytherin robes. People would taunt me." Draco explained.

"Yet your friends with a Gryiffindor." June commented, then giggled.

"What are we going to say if we get caught?" Draco asked, suddenly.

"I fell in and the door jammed, you were walking by and heard me calling for help, you walked in asking why I was in this abandon class room, the door closed behind you and jammed again, and we've been at each other's throats since." June answered.

"When they walk in first they're going to see we're talking." Draco pointed out.

"Listen for the doorknob to turn. Since it's old, it'll make sound." June explained, then looked at Draco's arm. "How is it?"

"Is what?" Draco asked.

June laughed quietly, then looked at him, "Your arm, stupid. How is it, Buckbeck came down on it pretty hard."

"It's -" he then shrugged with his good arm. "- It's healing."

June  then asked, "How did your father react?"

"He wants to sack the olof, he was in charge of the bloody chicken." Draco told her.

  "Draco! Hagrid is not an Olof! And Buckbeck isn't a chicken, he's a Hippogriff!" June scolded strongly, then calmed her voice. "Your father's planing on sacking him?"

  "Yeah, and killing the ch-" June sent him a glare. "-Hippogriff, I'm not entirely okay with the killing." Draco told her.

  "He's plans on sacking Hagrid and executing an animal! Why doesn't he ask for it to be released into the wild?" June asked loudly, tears forming in her eyes.

  ***
  The next couple of classes, in DADA, they studied Red Caps, nasty littte goblin-like creatures that lurked wherever there had been bloodshed, in deserted battlefields, so on and so on, waiting to bludgeon those who had got lost. From Red Caps they moved on to Kappas, creepy water-dwellers that looked like scaly monkeys, with webbed hands itching to strangle unwitting waders in their ponds.

  June only wished she was as happy with some of her other classes. Worst of all was Potions. Snape was in a particularly vindictive mood these days, and no one was in any doubt why. The story of The Boggart assuming Snape's shape, and the way that Neville had dressed it in his grandmother's clothes, had travelled through the school like wildfire, which had June really starting to see how Hogwarts was much like a high school. Snape didn't seem to find it funny. His eyes flashed menacingly at the very mention of Professor Lupin's name, and he was bullying Neville worse then ever.