Realization of The Cold Snake

Professor Dumbledore sent all the Gryffindors back to the Great Hall, where they were joined ten minutes later by the students from Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin, who all looked extremely confused.

"The teachers and I need to conduct a thorough search of the castle," Professor Dumbledore told them as Professors McGonagall and Flitwick closed all doors into the Hall. "I'm afraid that, for your own safety, you will have to spend the night here. I want the Prefects to stand guard over the entrances to the Hall and I am leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge. Any disturbance should be reported to me immediately," he added to Percy, who was looking immensely proud and important. "Send word with one of the ghosts."

  Dumbledore paused, about to leave the Hall, and said, "Oh, yes, you'll be needing ..."

  One casual wave of his wand and the long tables flew to the edged of the Hall and stood themselves against the walls, another wave, and the floor was covered with hundreds of squashy purple sleeping bags.

  "Sleep well," said Professor Dumbledore, closing the door behind him.

  The Hall immediately began to buzz excitedly; the Gryffindors were telling the rest of the school what had just happened. June went in search of her firends.

  "Everyone into their sleeping bags!" shouted Percy. "Come on now, no more talking! Lights out in ten minutes!"

  June walked looking for James or Lizzie, or Ginny. Groups of people from different house bumped into her. Someone that was bigger then her small frame pushed her out of the way, she fell. Just as she was about to hit the cold, hard floor, someone caught her.

  "JL, watch where your going. You almost hurt yourself." Theodore's voice told her.

  Astoria walked in front of her and offered her hand, and said, "Come on klutz, the groups' saving us bags."

  June took her hand, and Astoria pulled her up.

  "Thanks. I was lookin' for you bunch." June said, as Theodore walked over to her side.

  The three walked over to a corner of the room, where nine sleeping bags where. There James, Maribelle, and Ginny were telling Lizzie, Justin, and Thea about what had happened to the Fat Lady.

  "Hey guys." June smiled, stealing the sleeping bag between James and Justin.

  "Hey where were you?" Lizzie asked.

  "I came here with Fred and George, then went looking for you guys. Theo and Stori found me." June explained.

  Thea then asked James, "Did Sirius Black really slash the Fat Lady's portrait?"

  "Oh yeah, there were torn pieces on the floor." Maribelle answered. "James and I where at the front."

  "Do you think Black's still in the castle?" June asked the group, anxiously.

  "Dumbledore obviously thinks he might be," said Theodore.

  "It's very lucky he picked tonight, you know," said Ginny, and the nine climbed into their sleeping bags and either propping themselves on their elbows or resting their chins on their folded pillows. "The one night we weren't in the Tower ..."

  "I reckon he's lost track of time, being on the run," said Oliver. "Didn't realize it was Hallowe'en. Otherwise he'd have come bursting in here."

  The girls shuddered.

  "How did he get in?" Lizzie hissed.

  "Maybe he knows how to Apparate," Maribelle suggested. "Just appear out of thin air, you know."