Making Cookies

Your POV

"Hey, hey, Patton! D'ya wanna make cookies?"
Patton emerged from his room, hair damp and glasses slightly foggy. His smile was fake, and I could see a longing to be distracted from his thoughts in his mocha coloured eyes.

"I thought you'd never ask! Cookies sound divine right now." He replied, only a hint of truth in his words.

""Devine"?" You ask, taken aback by his choice of wording, "Have you been spending too much time with Logan?"

"No. I'm just tired of being considered the stupid and incapable one. So, now I can hide behind an extended vocabulary, people might take me seriously, and he might finally fall for- I mean, yeah. I'm not an idiot."
You remain silent  as you pull a tube of cookie dough from the pantry and turning to see Patton looking annoyed.

"What? What did I do?" You confront, confused.
He stalks toward you and pulls a second package from the cupboard.

"We're going to need more than one, silly! We want our plate of cookies to last more than thirty seconds, right?"
He finally said, adopting a real smile.

"You had me going for a second, Dad. I thought you were actually angry."

The two of you cut open each tube and lay them on the cookie trays. While they cook, you spend time together with sodas in hand and Big Hero 6 playing in the background.

"This is an interesting movie choice, Pat. Isn't this Logan's favourite?

"Oh yeah. Yeah it is." Was all he replied with. He had a sort of dreamy look in his eyes, and he scratched the back of his neck in the uncomfortable silence that followed.

"Patton, are you in love?" You asked him in barely over a whisper. He looked pained to tell you, but soon confessed.

"Yes. Yes, I really am. He's just so smart, and funny, and he's so cute when he gets mad, his hair is so fluffy. But I'm terrified out of my mind to tell him- what if he doesn't feel the same way?"
Now his eyes were out of focus, and the most real smile I've seen on him in a while had no intention of leaving his face.
"Well, I think you should. You should tell him."
"R-right now?"
"Yes! Right now!"
He scrambled up from the couch, and sped-walked down the hallway that led to the rooms. With a childish 'shave-and-a-haircut' knock, the door opened soon after and Logan stepped out.
Now, I knew that it was rude to eavesdrop, but Logan's room was closest to the kitchen, and it doesn't really count as eavesdropping if I didn't mean to...... right?

-----------------
AAAHHHHH IM REALLY SORRY THIS IS SO SHORT BUT PROCRASTINATING IS MY SPECIALITY AND I HAD TO WEITE SOMETHING. 4,000 fucking reads, you guys! I am blown away completely and totally. You guys are the best. Next chapter out sooooooooon I sweeeaaarrrrr.
...
CYA