Chapter 2

Her mind clouded with thoughts on how to deal with this man laying on her cold floor. She tried to drag the latter but he's just too heavy for her strength. In her case she can just ignore and let that stranger froze to death but knowing her, she's too kind do such impulsive action. She was about to slap the man's face when suddenly, his eyes slowly opened. His orbs are mesmerizing, as if it was perfectly made. Her hands hung in the air and for the nth time, her jaw dropped. She was taken aback when the man held her wrist and pull her closer to him. Her heart stop from beating when he put his arm around her waist. She want to scream and push this maniac away but he left her frozen. "Kristal... Why did you leave me?" She heard him silently mumble but she didn't clearly heard what he said. "Let me go!" She scream at last having her voice back but instead of letting her go, he wrap her more tightly. She heaved a deep sigh, surely this unknown man is drunk. "Alright, I won't go just loosen up a little bit. I can't breath." She said slowly and carefully. Luckily the guy loosen his grip slowly but to her surprise, he buried his face on her neck. She can feel his warm breath. Instead of pushing him, she held his hair and slowly stroke it. It's funny how she feel comfortable towards a stranger. She can't feel any danger in his embrace, she felt safe instead. It's odd.

His breath became steady, a sign that he's already fast asleep. Taking the advantage, she slowly move out of him and let him lay on her sofa properly. She went back to her room to get him a pillow and comforter. After giving him him those without her waking him up, she hurriedly went to her room and lock up. She blow out all the breath she kept inside earlier and mentally scolded herself.
"What the hell?" She said absently minded. Shaking her head, she lay in bed and stared at her blank ceiling. "Calm down Kendall, he won't be there when you woke up." She convinced herself before drifting to sleep.

She heard a loud breaking noise that cause her to wake up. Her glance landed at her clock sitting above her desk - 8:00 am She flinched when she heard a broken vase again. She hurriedly got up from bed and went down stairs just to witness her messed up living room. Broken glasses all over the floor, disarranged chairs, and feathers all over the place. It was a disaster. Her gazes roam around the place and landed at the man who is currently sitting on the floor while messing his hair helplessly. It stop her for a moment. He look so lost and empty. She fake a cough to get his attention and seconds passed before he finally turn, just for her to meet the coldest eyes she ever seen.