Chapter 8

"Listen Asher, I'll ask you directly" she said with trembling hands. There's not backing out. She want to help Asher and all she need to do is to fix his broken heart. Asher just nod his head, a sign that she can continue.

"Can I be your girlfriend for 5 months?" She asked with taking a breath. She was anticipating for an answer and luckily, Asher finally find his voice.

"Why?" He ask with a creased forehead. She take a deep breathe before answering.

"I want to help you." Kendall said directly, with her heart beating abnormally faster.

"Help me forget her? I can't. I will never forget her." He said and a pang o pain run on her heart. She fake a smile and then answered.

"No, I won't help you forget her. I'll help you move on. I'll help you lobe again. It's not too late Asher." She said with a bright smile on her face. Asher can't say no to her and he doesn't know why. He nod his head and Kendall scream out of happiness. She hug him tightly as he hug her back.

"Please save me." He whispered in her ear as he buried his face on her neck.

~

3 months later, and Kendal and Asher seems to be alright. Kendall is happy. Very very happy while she can sense Asher's happy too. The universe and Kristal seems to agree with him plan in fixing Asher. She smiled of that thought. Actually, it take her a month to make him smile, another month to make him laugh and then now I think he's okay. They even kissed. All her hard works bore fruit.

She came home from school, exhausted. She were almost dragging her body to the bedroom. Unfortunately, she didn't make it to the bedroom. She were tempted by the sofa so she closed her eyes for a bit and didn't realize that she actually fell asleep.

She felt the sofa dip and his familiar scent woke up her senses. She rolled over to his chest and pulled his arm over her, like she were a kid and he was her special blanket. It's started raining hard so she felt a bit cold. She buried her face in his chest. His scent calmed her body down and lulled you to sleep.

"Kendall." Asher called her name softly. She hummed as a response with her eyes still closed. "You shouldn't sleep in her like this. You'll catch a cold and your back will hurt in the morning." He said being worried.
"But I'm too tired to stand up" she pouted and made irresistible faces at him. She held out both of her hand at him, "carry me to bed? I'm not moving unless you carry me to my bed." She said while pouting.

"Fine." Asher gave in. She wrapped her arm around his neck and nuzzle her face in his chest. "I like it when you carry me like this. It makes me feel special." She said slightly smiling.
"Because you're special," he deposited you on the bed gently before smiling.

"I'm sleepy, Asher." She told him as he settled on the bed next to her. He kissed her forehead and brush the stray from her face. "Sleep," he silently say. "I love you Asher" she said, so sleepy.

"I'm sorry." Asher answered  gently after Kendall drifted to sleep.