Chapter 10

"I broke myself trying to fix others." Kendall said as readers and other writer give her a round of applause. She smiled and went back to her seat.

Today is what they call "Writer's Day" where famous and well known writers gathered together to do the biggest book signing of the year. She's happy that she's invited and her books are now belong to the top 10 most sailing book in the Philippines.

"So, Ms. Woodsen you're now one of the most well known writer in the Philippines. How does it feel?" The emcee asked her and she smiled before saying her answer.

"It's both an honor and responsibility and it's a spectacular feeling how people appreciates your works. I didn't expect that I can reach this goal. Thanks to those who never stop supporting me and to my ever lovely readers, I love you all." Kendall answered with confidence.

"But Ms. Wooden we heard that this is your last book? Would you mind if we ask why? It's just saddened the hearts of your readers." Someone asked from the crowd and she took a deep breath before talking. This is it. It's time to let go. It's been 2 year, she thought.

"Ahm, yes it is true that this is my last book but I'll never stop writing. Writing is my passion but if ever I'll write something in the near future I won't published it as a book." She smiled. She heard the crowd mumbling but she keep her posture cool and then wet her dry lips before she continued.

"My last book is entitled, Fixing A Broken Heart. Actually, before writing this book I promised to myself that this is the end because from the title itself, I'm fixing a broken heart and now I ended my story and published it. It means, finally my heart is now healed. Time heal all wounds. It took me 2 years to finish this book, it's not that I'm having a writer's block but I just can't move forward. Every chapter and pages is one step to heal my heart." The room stay quite for about 10 seconds until someone clapped and stand up.

Her heart beats abnormally fast, eyes getting teary, trembling fingers and butterflies in her tummy. This feeling is familiar to her. She once felt it only to one person and it's, Asher. The only man she loved. The only man who broke her heart. The only man she never stop loving. Yes, she did let go of the past but her heart still owned by no other than... Asher Lawrence.

"Kendall Woodsen, I didn't stop loving you. I just healed myself in order for me to deserve you."