twenty two

Y'all, this story is almost over (Feeling sad af). Just two or three more chapters (as I really don't want to drag this story on when it's not needed). I want to end it in a good place and not become sick of writing it and I don't wan't you guys to become bored of it and I think 24 or 25 chapters is a perfect place to stop. I've really enjoyed writing this book and who knows if I'll maybe (if I'm feeling up to it) write another kid fic :) 

- - -

Louis watched fondly as the small boy combed his, making sure it looked perfect. Even changing his shirt a few times to make sure he looked his best. Liam was slowly starting to wish he had rather went to Niall's game with his papa since waiting for Harry was literally taking forever but he was promised hot cocoa so he made sure not to say anything in case that would be taken away. 

"You ready to go darling?" Louis offered his hand out which the boy gladly took, letting the man lead him downstairs to help him put on his shoes and coat, holding his hands out so the man could also put some mittens on since it was a little into December and it was quite cold out. 

"Can we go now?" Liam whined, getting quite hot in his coat and winter boots as he'd been standing there for a while now. "M'melting daddy." He mumbled, causing Louis to laugh. 

"We're going, no worries Frosty." 

"Frosty?" Liam looked at his father, eyebrows knitted together. "I'm Liam?" 

"The snowman, Liam. Frosty the snowman." Louis rolled his eyes but ushered the boys outside into the cold, helping Harry buckle up in his booster seat. 

They drove for quite a while, Harry nearly fell asleep on the way but did his absolute best to keep his eyes open. This was important and he did not want to fall asleep, even if Louis would wake him up when they got there. Once they got there, Louis helped the boy out of the car before getting a little bouquet of flowers from the front seat. Sure, it would probably wither within a couple of days, but Harry wanted to give her flowers since she loved them. He handed the flowers to the boy before taking his mitten clad hand. 

Liam happily rolled around in the snow close by as the other two stopped in front of a lonely stone that was covered in a white layer. Louis sent the boy an encouraging smile before letting him do his thing, choosing to have a seat on a nearby bench so he could watch both boys but still be within earshot of Harry. 

The boy started by messily sweeping the snow away with his hands, revealing the name that was engraved on the stone, even two little stick figures holding hands, something that Harry drew and the man was kind enough to engrave it. 

"Hi mumma." The boy sniffled, delicately placing the small bouquet on the ground before having a seat himself. "I miss you loads and loads." His voice broke with each word and Louis, though he didn't intend to eaves drop, didn't know if himself was strong enough to keep it together. 

It was quiet for a while, just the occasional sniffle could be heard as the boy tapped his fingers together nervously. "Wish you could come back. I miss your cuddles, mumma." There's a pause again, where Louis can hear the boy take a few deep breaths. 

"Guess what, mumma. It's almost Christmas." This time the boy is smiling. "And Louis said I might get presents." He whispers excitedly but Louis can still hear. "Maybe Santa will find me again, mumma. I hope so mumma, because he never seemed to find me when I was at the hospital with you." The boy furrowed his eyebrows. "Maybe it was because I was moving a lot." He shrugged, genuinely thinking about it before nodding. "Yeah, I think so." 

He started sweeping the rest of the snow away so the whole stone could be visible, and he also made a little nook in the snow so the flowers could rest comfortably there. "I will let you know though, mumma, if he finds me. Maybe he'll bring something for you n' I can bring it to you."