epilogue

Just a short little something x 

"Hey, mum." Harry placed a bouquet of flowers right beside the tombstone. "I can't believe it's been nine years. I still miss you like crazy, though, and as dumb as it sounds, I never go to sleep without making sure to find the brightest star in the sky." Harry chuckled, letting out a small sniffle as he got himself comfortable by sitting on his knees. 

"I'm really sorry that it's been a while, but I wish you could see what I'm doing, you'd be so proud I think." He smiled, blinking his eyes to try and get rid of the tears. "But touring is hard, mum, it really is, and sometimes I wish I would've just finished school and gone to college, but I love it at the same time. Whenever I get too homesick, a phone call home always helps and dad's always on the first flight to come see me after we hang up." The boy laughed, eyeing the man that had insisted of coming with him, though he made sure to give Harry his privacy. 

"Yeah, but I'm happy, mum, I really am and for a long time I thought I would never be. Though traveling all over the place and seeing new things makes me happy, nothing makes me happier than home, and I wish I could share home with you too. I just know you'd be happy to know that I'm happy so... um yeah" 

"I always keep you with me, though, you're always in my pocket, even during my shows. I could never do it without you and sometimes it gets very hard without you, but I remember myself that you're in a good place, a place that is far better than this one and one day I will see you again, though it could be a long time until then." He sat in silence for a few minutes, just enjoying the peace and quiet. 

"I don't really know what to talk about I guess, but I just want you to know that I love you, and I will always love you, and I am beyond grateful for the short time that I got to spend with you and I wish it could've been longer. You can't always get what you want I guess." This time the boy started crying, alerting Louis that sat just a few feet away. 

"I just... God, I just can't explain how much I miss you and want you here with me, here beside me as I go through the biggest adventure of my life that every person would want to share with their mum." Harry sobbed as Louis slowly made his way towards the boy, crouching down to wrap his arms around the boy's shoulders, placing a gentle kiss on his head. "I-I..." He hiccupped and Louis gently shushed him, combing his fingers through the boy's long locks. "I-It's true though, it gets bearable after a while, but that feeling... that feeling of wishing you were here, it never goes away." 

The boy sobbed for a while in Louis' embrace, though he had outgrown his lap for sure, Louis managed to somehow place him there before trying to calm the boy down. 

"I love you." Harry sniffled. 

"Lots and lots and lots, Mumma."