Kim Seokjin

Soulmate AU: your soulmate's name is tattooed onto your wrist when you turn eighteen.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When (Y/N) woke up on her eighteenth birthday, her soulmate's name hadn't appeared on her wrist.

At first she thought it wasn't her birthday yet, but when she got downstairs and her parents wished her a happy birthday, she knew there was a problem. They asked to look at her wrist, but when she held it up with a questioning look, they just looked at her sympathically.

"Oh, honey." was the only thing her mother said, almost in tears.

"I... I don't?-" (Y/N) couldn't speak properly. All she could do was look at her parents with a look that combined sadness, panic, curiosity and a hint of desperation.

Her father shook his head softly, not completely certain himself. "Don't think so hun..."

Realisation struck, she was never going to find her perfect partner. She would never have a chance of even meeting them.

With that, she burst into tears.

Having an older brother who already moved out to live with his soulmate didn't make it any better.

To say she was sad was an understatement.

The rest of her birthday was spent in her room. She cried, didn't eat and couldn't sleep at all that night, and many nights after.

When (Y/N) got over it enough to show her face to the outside world again, she looked into every book about soulmates she could find in the local library.

All of them told her that if someone doesn't have a name on their wrist, their soulmate must be dead.

This was even worse. She had a soulmate, but they died before she even got the chance to meet them.

Another wave of tears and a feeling of despair followed. The young woman wouldn't leave her room for days on end again.

Being alone in her room gave her a lot of time to think.

Maybe that wasn't so good because of the state she was in, but thinking was inevitable when you're alone and are practically doing nothing.

She was going to college soon, she would move out of her parents' house to live closer to campus. Maybe she could find someone else there, someone who didn't want to be tied to a soulmate.

Education came first though, is what she told herself. She didn't want to throw away her opportunity to get her economics degree, just to hook up with people.

Things were going a bit better now that she's moved out.

She moved into an apartment near her college and got herself a roommate.

Her roommate was an absolute sweetheart. Her name was Maya and she was very tall for a woman. She was very chatty, but not in an annoying way.

She had beautiful curly hair and very dark skin. She also loved wearing clothing with bright colours.

Maya was a very laid back type of person, she would go out sometimes, but she wasn't a party animal. She would rather spend time with friends indoors or just be on her own.

They were best friends in a matter of days. Having the same classes gave them lots of time together, and having compatible personalities made sure they didn't gauge out eachother's eyeballs because they spent so much time together.

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and months turned to years.

(Y/N) still didn't find someone that wanted to be in a serious relationship with her.