Chapter 2: Superstar

© 2017 D.S. Little All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
*************

Note: In order for me to write this story the way I want, I am going to change things about Trey's background, upbringing, and the people around him. So none of the people mentioned are real. They are characters in my head meant for this story just like the Trey I created is completely fictional. This will be the only time I say this so please don't "correct" me throughout the story.
***************

Trey

I loved Virginia! Anytime I could go home to Petersburg to visit my friends and family, I did. It was Sunday and my mom, Janice Townsend, had cooked a huge dinner for the family. Her house was currently filled with family I hadn't seen since the last holiday I had made it home for. My brother, Donovan Neverson, was also visiting with his wife, Tammy and my nieces Tamia and Devonne. I spent most of the night before staying up with them playing everything from tea party to dress up. I loved my nieces to death, so whenever I got time to spend with them I tried to and did whatever they wanted.

    "Mama, this Mac and cheese is hittin that spot." I told my mom after I finished tasting a forkful of the just pulled out of the oven glass dish full of her homemade macaroni and cheese.

"You're saying that as if I've messed it up before." My mom responded while stirring something else on the stove.

     "Tell him Janice." My Uncle Gary's wife, Shari said to her while continuing to peel a sweet potato.

I kissed her on the cheek. "Aye, I don't get to eat like this while I'm out in the road. So y'all need to leave me alone."

"You should move back on this side of the country and you can get all the home-cooked meals that you want." My mom added with raised brows as if she had just thought of that idea.

"There you go." I started grinning.

"What? Am I wrong to want my oldest son close to me!"She said wiping her hands with a kitchen towel. "You've been living out in California for too long, you need to come back on the East coast. You're thirty-two and your career is where it needs to be. I think it's time." She paused. "Don't you think it's time you meet a nice girl and give me some grandbabies?"

"You got two of em upstairs." I reminded her nodding towards the stairs.

"And I love them to death, but I'm talking about you giving me some babies, too." She pushed.

"I don't know about all that." I told her picking up a nearby dinner roll and taking a bite out of it. "I like what I got going on. Besides, I haven't met anybody I wanna make that kind of commitment with."

"Well maybe if you stop singing about being an animal and sleeping with a bunch of women, you might find you a nice girl." She countered at the amusement of my other aunts.

"Ma, you know a nice girl can't handle bein wit me." I started laughing at her comment. "And what you know about Animal?" It was one of the nastiest songs I ever wrote.

"I know a whole lot about your songs." She replied busying herself with other dishes on the stove.

"Ma." I repeated again.

"She don't want you to know she be gettin it in while listening to your music." My older cousin, Davena said while laughing.

"Davena, you better stop all that." My mom chastised her, but she never denied my cousin's statement.