Author's Note

I've been extremely busy with all kinds of writing and I haven't been posting in this book as I should. I will try to do better.

🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸🔸

I wanted to address something that I've held my tongue about for some months. And please receive this message in love.

Terry McMillan posted something that will help me with my rant:

I am so thankful for the friends that I've made on Wattpad, I am not only learning so much from so many people but I'm having such a great time when doing so

I had the idea to start O.V.O.S. like I've told you, because I have so many writers that reach out to me for help with their work or asking me to read their work. I don't mind reading pretty much anything, but I wanted to help more. So I got with Maya and along with K, we put OVOS together. It's not perfect but I'm proud of what came out of the first awards, we hope to make the second even better.

I'm not all-knowing and there are so many things aesthetically about my writing that my editor continues to show me. It's a process! But the one thing that has remained consistent is my voice and my passion for how I write. That will never change. To have writers reach out to me and tell me how thankful they are for this platform (OVOS) is worth all of the stress and time I had to take away from my own writing. But I don't mind because it's all about paying it forward!

So recently, I started looking around me and started noticing that some people on Wattpad, around me were not here for me or to be supportive of me. You know how you to try to convince yourself that some things aren't as they seem?

Well, they're not. A supportive friend (including Wattpad friends) should root for you, be honest with you, and look forward to your success as much as their own. I can't be everywhere or read everything people ask of me, but I try and I give feedback. When I come across someone amazing, or an amazing book, I'm telling everyone I know about it. And I don't feel threatened or jealous by it. We all have a place and a voice and I'm thankful to God for mine.

As a writer, we are already hard enough on ourselves, we don't need to surround ourselves with people who make shady comments aimed at you. If you achieve something and someone you consider a "friend" never even takes the time out to tell you "congratulations" they are not your friend. A real friend wants to see their friend do well.

In saying all of that, I'm only helping those who come to me with the right energy. I don't owe anyone anything on Wattpad!

🛑If you come to me and solicit me to read a book and you've never even read anything of mine. Your message will be ignored, deleted, and you'll probably be muted. It is wrong to use people to gain reads plain and simple. A person is either drawn to your work or not.

🛑If you ask me for feedback on your book, do not get upset if I tell you what I don't like. You want me to be honest so that you can figure out how to make your work better.

🛑 If you message me asking me how I get so many readers or followers, I'm going to share with you exactly my journey! There is no gimmick! I started writing summer 2016. I had to build my audience the way anyone else on Wattpax does. I read, comment and interact with other readers and writers! It takes time and patience. Stop getting upset with me because it's not what you want to hear.

🛑Those who have respectfully come to me for advice, this next part doesn't pertain to you.

🔸🔸🔸If you ask me for help, be specific! I'm not going to give you a story plot. I'm not going to write the story for you. I'm not going to tell you what to do. I have no problem sharing my process, but don't expect me to be your ghostwriter. And if you want me to edit your story, I will have to see some compensation for that. No one edits books for free. It's time-consuming and requires so much attention to detail.

🛑Please stop taking aspects of my story and creating your own around my plot. When I see it, I want to scream, especially when its people who I really like that's doing it. When readers contact me revealing they notice how similar our plots are, that's a problem.

🛑Please stop asking me to follow you. I like to follow people who I believe are positive, those who support my work and what I'm doing as a writer, and those who I admire. Wattpad only allows you to follow 1,000 people, as much as I want to follow every one, I can't! So please don't be offended when I don't follow you back.

🛑Stop trying to advertise your work in my stories, I always delete it.

🛑As a reader, stop going around to the stories of others and trying to "correct" them about something (and 97% of the time you're wrong!) . It's annoying. Go write your own story if you're trying to impress someone. Just be a part of the story...

🛑Lastly, please stop asking to buy my account. It's not for sale!!!!!

Now that I got all that off my chest, good night

💖💖💖If you are a reader that reads my work, comments, and votes, I WANT TO READ YOUR WORK!!!! Just send me a message and ask me, I'll stop what I'm doing to check it out. Most of the time I'm so busy I don't go through pages to start reading. I used to(and I need to get better) but now my time is limited with all the various writing I'm doing. I actually prefer to read work from those who support me. It's called being a part of a community. This message above is not about you (my real readers) at all. You can reach out to me and ask me anything, I truly don't mind. It's people who I'm not familiar with that come out of nowhere with demands and are often times rude. 💖💖💖

🎂🎂🎂Happy Birthday to me and all the other Aquarius (Feb 13th)

❤️❤️❤️Happy Valentines Day to everyone!

-DL