Author's Note

I just wanted to write this note to let you know that I'm not finishing this book. I'm sorry. I've been getting too much negative feedback and can't keep going. To those of you who enjoyed it, I'm so sorry. I wish I could complete this story. NOT!

How many hearts just dropped?

I'm sorry I couldn't help myself! It was too easy considering everything I've been through on Wattpad! But I wanted to interrupt this story to share some things.

When I went into writing this story. I was hesitant. Writing books about a black women being sexually free without the character being dragged the entire time, is hard to write. I've never written a book like this and I want to handle it and (Chanel especially) with so much care. Her character really means so much to me and represents many women.

This is literally my favorite comment in this story so far. Shoutout to bakersdelight

I feel like Chanel represents many broken or confused young women who are getting mixed messages about love, sex, abuse, relationships, etc

I feel like Chanel represents many broken or confused young women who are getting mixed messages about love, sex, abuse, relationships, etc. I wanted to explore a story with a woman who is in that, while dealing with pain from her past. She's trying to do things that society tells her to do, but it's not comfortable to her. She's confused and even as she doesn't let her friends, Trey, or Warren in, she won't even dig deep past a surface level herself. Her jokes, her sexuality, all of that serves as a way to keep her normal and free from dealing with her pain or insecurities.

I was inspired a lot by the show Insecure with dealing with a woman who just wanted to explore their sexuality and freedom. The debates about Issa really hurt my heart because she's not a bad person, she's in pain and trying to navigate this world.

I grew up in the church and since I was a teenager, I remember being so confused when it came to my body, sex, and relationships. Trying to follow the Bible while their were men in the church coming on to me was the start of that confusion. Then at school and in society there were other mixed messages. I had so many "rules" that I was trying to follow and when I look back, if I had just followed my heart and gut and not did what was "expected" of me, I could have avoided a lot of really bad situations. That, is why I felt this story was important.