Chapter 4: Don't Start

© 2017 D.S. Little All rights reserved. No portion of this book may be reproduced in any form without permission from the author, except as permitted by U.S. Copyright law.
*************

Trey

   I don't even know why I tried to close my eyes but I did. It was a little after six in the morning and Chanel was in the shower. She had to be at work by eight and said that it took her an hour to commute into D.C. She didn't try to go to sleep at all after I finished sexing her this last time.

When I initially heard her going off on somebody in the bathroom, I went to check on her. There was no way I could go back to sleep after seeing her so upset. She rarely showed emotion. The closest I had seen to emotion from her was when she came to my yacht birthday party the year before and walked in on me making out with a model I messed with from time to time. She asked me, 'why did you even bring me here' and then walked out.

I expected to find her crying somewhere or being super emotional. Instead, she was back on the top deck enjoying the party with her girl. I went to check on her anyways to make sure that she was good. I whispered some things in her ear, I said anything that would fix the situation. Even though we weren't together, what she walked in on looked bad. She didn't seem moved by anything I said to her. And then turned to me and simply said. 'We're not together, we don't owe each other anything.'

I tried to talk around that, but she didn't want to hear it. We didn't even have sex on that trip and I didn't hear from her for months after that. I tried to charge it to the game and chalk it up as just a good piece of ass that I wasn't going to get anymore, but I couldn't seem to get her and the sex out of my head. My pride also wouldn't let me do anything about it. The moment I had a show in D.C., I hit her up and she surprised me by agreeing to meet up with me afterwards. Just thinking about how good the sex was that night made me smile. It was as if we had picked up right where we left off. Since that incident, we had been on good terms. Any time I flew her out for anything after that, I was all about her. When I was in the DMV area, she was the only person I reached out to. It was never because she asked me, it was just something I found myself wanting to do for her.

To hear her upset in the middle of the morning, was something that really threw me. I had never seen this side of her before and from what I overheard it had something to do with her parents. I heard her make the comment about, 'if that's love I don't want it.' It made me want to know more, it made me need to know more about her. I wanted to know her story and what made her so closed off. But once again, she wouldn't open up. Then the moment she threw her leg over my lap, there was no way I was going to be able to resist her diversion. Sex with some women was just sex. I knew how to please a woman and I always knew how to get mine. Sex with Chanel was different. I couldn't exactly say it was deeper than sex, because I didn't really know anything about her. I only knew that I always felt something when I was around her, and whatever that something was I wanted more of it.

I never liked the fact that she was with another guy, but I wanted her to be happy. She deserved it. If she was trying to be in a normal relationship, who was I to stand in the way of that. I wanted what was best for her and if it was that other guy, I wished her well. Being around her that night in Jersey, I couldn't get around my own selfishness to think about what was best for her. I needed her, that feeling I got when I was with her. She was addictive, or maybe her sex was addictive. I couldn't tell which. I think part of the reason I wanted to know more about her, was because I wanted to get the cheat code to her, to unwrap myself from her web.

Chanel strolled into the room comfortably naked and began to move around the room to get herself together. She didn't even notice me staring at her. Realizing I needed to get myself together, I swung my legs over the bed and noticed that she had put my clothes at the end of the bed. I grabbed my boxer briefs and slid them on.