Mother

Your pov
"Well, I'll see you later Tom." I said walking to the door. I opened the door only to hear my father scream. "Y/n?! Is that you?! Get your ass up here! I've got unfinished business!" He screamed. I heard him whip the air with the whip. I looked back to see Tom waving bye. I waved with the best fake smile I could do until I broke into tears and slammed the door. I made a dash for the back door but didn't make it. "Where do you think you're going?!" My dad sneered. He whipped my back but I held from screaming. He kept going until I was completely covered in blood. "You're ugly! You're pathetic! You're a sad excuse for a daughter! And your mother would still be here if it weren't for you! If it weren't for those words! You couldn't even love her?! She killed herself because of you!" He screamed. I got up and ran out the back door. I saw Tom walking across the street. I stumbled out of my back gate and collapsed to the ground. "And your mother would still be here if it weren't for you! If it weren't for those words! You couldn't even love her?! She killed herself because of you!" I shot up crying. I looked around. I didn't know where I was. I lifted my shirt to see bandages. "Y/n?" Tom asked poking his head in. I was still crying from my fathers words. He came in and sat down. "Sorry for not asking. But if I didn't bandage them they could have gotten infected." He said. "I have to go." I said straining to get up. "Take it easy. Here. Your phones been blowing up." He said handing me my phone.

Matt's pov
I finished Edd's shift and went to the hotel. Y/n wasn't there. I started texting her. She didn't answer for a whole hour.
"Matt?"
"Where the hell are you?!"
"(Insert Tom's address here) please come get me. I'm hurt."
" I'll be there as soon as possible"
I ran out of the hotel and to the address. I knocked frantically. The kid y/n sat next to on the bus answered. "Are you Matt?" He asked. "Yeah. Is she okay?" I asked. "She's sleeping." He said letting me in. "What happened?" I asked. "Well this kid Eduardo was harassing her but I stopped it. I missed the bus and I wanted to walk her home. She finally agreed after a while and I walked her home. She didn't say anything about it. She just walked in." He said putting his head in his hands. "She was laying in front of her back gate passed out so I carried her here. She was bleeding, a lot." He said. "Matt?" Y/n asked. I looked up to see y/n trying to stand. She was crying. I quickly ran up to her. "Shhh-shhh. It's okay." I said. "Matt. You were there. You were in the car when mom..." She stopped. "Why do you ask?" I asked. "D-did she k-kill herself? B-because of m-me?" She asked through sobs. I knelt down and hugged her tight. I didn't want to say yes. She started sobbing more and gripped my hoodie. I picked her up after she fell asleep. "You're not taking her home are you?" Tom asked concerned. "No. We've got a hotel room." I said. "Kid where are your parents?" I asked. He put his head down. "I don't know. Haven't known for about two years." He said. I sighed. "Come on. Come for dinner." I said. He smiled at me and followed as we left.

                 Tom's pov
I was worried about a girl I just met. Some people might call that insane. "Did she eat lunch?" Matt asked breaking me from my thoughts. "I don't think so." I said. He sighed as we got to the hotel. We walked into their room and he laid y/n down. He went to the kitchen. "Do you like chicken?" He asked. "My favorite." I said. "Hers too." He said as he started cooking. I saw y/n curl up into a ball. I walked over and tucked her in gently. "Did you bandage her wrist?" He asked bringing out a plate of chicken. "Yeah." I said as he placed it in front of me. I started eating. "This is delicious." I said. He chuckled and took the now empty plate. "Yeah, she used to think so too." He said looking at y/n. "Used too?" I asked. "She barely eats anymore." He sighed. "Oh." I said. "I have a feeling she's not even gonna look at me for the next week at least." He said. He plopped down on his bed and looked at a picture. "We come here a lot. The manager is our uncle so we basically live here." He said grabbing the picture. "My mother died last year." He said. "I'm sorry for your loss." I said putting my head down. "She took her own life. But of course y/n didn't know that." He said. I stayed quiet. "I was in the car when it happened." He said. "Tom?" Y/n asked. I looked over to see y/n sit up. "Hey take it easy." I said, gently pushing her back down. "I made you chicken." Matt said. "I'm not hungry." She said flipping on her side. "Y/n?" I asked. "Just go away." She said.

Your pov
It was my fault. And Matt never told me. "Y/n, you need to eat." Matt said. "Why?! I deserve to die! She was my mother! She killed herself because of me! I might as well of pulled the trigger!" I screamed. "Y/n." Tom said. "Why are you here?! I don't know you! Just go away!" I screamed. He sighed and I heard the door close and shut. "Y/n?" Matt asked. "Shut up. I don't care. You should have told me." I sobbed. He sighed and kissed my forehead. I was still soaking wet from the rain. "You're burning up." He said. "Good. I hope it kills me." I mumbled. He sighed and turned off the light. "Goodnight. Everything will be better tomorrow." He said. "No it won't." I said snuggling in the blanket. I cried myself to sleep after a while. I woke up to Matt's phone alarm. "Good morning." He said. "I'm not going to school." I said. He sighed and felt my forehead. "I have to go to work. I'll send Tom to come check on you." He said. I sighed and he left. I walked to the bathroom and opened my phone case. "I'm sorry mom. I hope I'll see you again soon." I said as I started to fill the bathtub. It took forever to fill up.

Tom's pov
I skipped third period to go see y/n. I walked into the hotel room and heard quiet sobbing coming from the bathroom. I tried opening the door but it was locked. I kicked it in and ran inside. Y/n was sitting in the bathtub. She cut I line vertically down her wrist. I quickly grabbed the blade and threw it across the room. I picked her up out of the water and wrapped the cut in a towel. "Stop! I want to see her!" She screamed. "I don't care! I'm not letting you die!" I screamed back. "I've seen to many people die." I said starting to cry. The bleeding stopped and I looked at it. It was small enough to heal on its own without stitches. I bandaged it quickly and wrapped her in a towel. I called Matt quickly. "Get here. Now." I said. I hung up and looked at y/n. The water was pink from it mixing with blood. "Hey. It's okay. It's okay." I said, hugging her as she sobbed. Matt got here quickly and ran in. He hugged her tight as I drained the water from the bathtub. He carried her out of the bathroom carefully. I picked up the razor blade and threw it away. I walked out to see her sleeping peacefully. "Does she need stitches?" He asked. "I grabbed the blade fast enough. She didn't cut deep." I said looking at my hand. I had cut it when I grabbed the blade. "I shouldn't have left." He said. "This isn't your fault." I reassured him.