CHAPTER 5: Take The Deal!?!

RAY

It's been a couple of days at least since this whole 'me finding out my wife killed people for a living and having to bring her in' thing happened.

Time's up though and I have done nothing to make it happen. I'm a little bit freaked out cause I don't want to go against my Director but at the same time, I don't believe she is capable of ever going back to that lifestyle again.

I mean, I know she is Zoe. I have seen the evidence and finally have come to terms with those facts. It's just that it's hard not to look at her as my wife. The woman I fell in love with. The most kind hearted person in the world.

As I try to think of a way to bring her in, I suddenly hear my wife screaming my name out from downstairs.

So I quickly start running downstairs and stop as I notice Vincent and a few other agents, with one of them holding her and placing cuffs on her wrists.

"What's going on, baby?" She asks me as she looks to be fighting back tears.

"It's alright." I try to tell her. When I look at Vincent. "I was gonna do it today." I start telling him.

"Hey man, I'm on your side, we all are, but time is up." He says with genuine guilt.

"What's he talking about? What the hell is going on?" She asks me scared.

"It's okay. I promise. Everything is going to be okay baby." I tell her while finding it hard at the same time to look at her.

Then after they take her away and put a bag over head, put her into their car and start to drive away, Vincent walks up to me.

"Don't worry. You're doing the right thing. Trust me, she loves you." He assures me which does make me feel a little bit better. Except that I know that that's not the worst part. That the worst part is going to be when they interrogate her and do things to make her confess.

*****************************************

After arriving at the agency, we headed into the room that was on the other side of the two way mirror so we could watch as the interrogation went on.

At first, my Director warned me or more like reminded me not to look at her as my wife or make it personal and if I couldn't handle it, then I needed to leave.

Which I know it was going to be hard to watch, but I needed to know and find out myself. So I stayed and watched.

For the next couple of days, I watched them beat and degrade her.

Then, out of nowhere, we all are amazed and yet a little surprised at what we saw next.

I was in disbelief at first. Though quickly, I found out she was serious. This woman was not my wife anymore. She had the same body and face but she just took out all the guys in the room by herself.

Shockingly that wasn't what freaked me out and made us all jump back from her startling us. It was after the emergency lights were turned on, she was now in front of the two way mirror with both her hands against it and looking as though she is looking right at us and knows we're right here. Then starts speaking.

"Hello, Director. It's been a while." She grins at him.

It's a little creepy honestly to know all she can see is her own reflection but yet makes it seem she can really see us. She next starts wiping the blood off her lips and under her nose with the back of her hand.

My Director looks at me and smiles. "Now, we can begin." He then walks out of the room and we all start to walk out towards the room where she will be questioned.