CHAPTER 6: Training Camp

ZOE

After making the deal, I was told that I would be staying with the man that they  claimed was my husband. Even though I don't have recollection of him. But I guess it wouldn't be so bad, I mean, he's hot and all.

Right as I finished zipping my bag up, I heard the door open and as I turned around and saw Ray, suddenly, I started feeling weird and not necessarily in a weird or bad way.

He closes the door behind him and starts walking towards me then  stops a few feet away.

"Look, I know you don't remember me and I'm sure you probably never will. But I want you to know that, before you returned to the real you, we loved each other.  I guess, I just want you to know that I'll never stop loving you. And to know I want you to feel comfortable. So I got us a two bedroom apartment. That way, you can have your own room and not have to worry about being forced to being with me or anything." He says. 

"I appreciate you telling me all this. I just, I don't do relationships and haven't been in one for a long time. That I can remember at least. Which is mostly because of not just my line of work but, I haven't necessarily had the best luck with guys. So I've learned to just keep it out of my life. Now, I don't know what it is or why I'm even saying this but, I know that when I'm around you I feel something. But I just need some time." I tell him. 

"I understand. But can you at least promise me something?" He asks.

"Okay." I reply. Though it really depends on what it is.

"That you will let me know, if you remember me?"

"I promise." I tell him.

"Okay." He says. Then walks over towards my bed and grabs the bags I have and we start heading out towards his car then towards our apartment.

When we pulled up however to our place, it was more like a cabin and looked nothing like an apartment.

Because his Director is giving me a few days to make sure I fully recover and am good enough to start training some of his guys and the other's from the CIA at the place we are staying at now. I soon find out it's more like a training camp.

Ray tells me when we are halfway there, that his Director at the last minute decided he wanted us to be at this place instead.

*****************************************

It took us a good five hours to get up here and I must say that once we saw it, the cabins were not too close but yet not too far apart from each other's neither and both Ray and I were going to be sharing a cabin, I found out at the last minute because there supposedly weren't 'enough' left and that all the rest of the guys were having to share them. The girls were with the girls and guys were with the guys of course-a lot like Summer camp.

I also had invited my friend, Ashley, while driving up here and after I was handed a phone, suddenly things came rushing back to me including my best friend who also used to work with me and help me out with hacking into things and other stuff. Plus, she DID save my ass many times before.

Part of the deal I had made before we left that I spoke with the Director about, was where she too came and helped as well, in exchange for a clean slate also. It took some convincing but eventually, he soon came around.

After parking and getting out, we noticed a few other cars were here. Mostly vans and it also looked as though we were the last ones to arrive as well.

While both Ray and I were grabbing our bags, I heard a familiar female voice. It was Ashley.

I quickly dropped my bags as she runs up towards me and we both begin hugging each other tightly.

"Oh my god. It's so good to see you! It's been too fucking long!" She says.

"I know. I'm sorry. Just a lot of shit's been going on." I tell her.

"I guess so if you're working with the FBI!" She teases.

"Yeah, don't remind me." I rolled my eyes.

"So how the hell did you get caught up in this shit? Which by the way, is going to be hard for me to keep a straight face to see you and me trying to train these guys. I mean, who would've thought we would be ever training these guys?!" She chuckles a little bit as do I. She then looks behind me and see's Ray walking up beside me. "Is this your man?" She asks while grinning and moving her eyebrows up and down.

"Apparently, yeah, we're married. We're gonna try and make things work I guess and hopefully try and see if I can remember us being together or something like that." I smile at him as he does too, back at me.

"Well, never thought you'd be one of those types but, damn he is hot as hell!" She comments while checking him out.

"Okay. That's enough." I laugh.

Ray smiles then grabs my bags along with his and heads in towards our cabin.

"So, when are we having the meeting tonight?" Ashley asks me.

"After dinner. I replied. Which will be pizza. Cause I know we're all a bit tired. But this way we can also get to know each other and make sure we understand each other and the rules." I explain to her.

"Alright. Well, see ya then at around 6?" She asks.

"Yep. That's fine. Let everyone else know will ya?" I ask her.

"Of course." She smiles at me before walking off and knocking on each cabin to inform everyone about the meeting.

Meanwhile, I went towards the cabin to prepare for tonight. Since it was going to be the first meeting with all the guys before tomorrow, this was going to be interesting. I guess, also, a little fun.

I mean, come on, it's not everyday that you get offered to train FBI and CIA agents.

Next chapter will be posted soon! :)