Chapter 1

Run... just run... My mind kept telling me. I could feel my heart pumping through my ears and saw the light, white smoke coming out of my mouth as I took a deep breath.

"Stop! Stop running!" I heard the sound of the policeman who tried to arrest me just now but ignoring him, I kept running.

My heavy breathing mixed with the sound of my footsteps as I ran through the alleyway and saw a corner to hide in.

Squeezing myself into the small space between the walls of two old apartment buildings, I waited for the sound of footsteps to run past me.

"Where did she go?" I heard the same policeman asking his partner.

"I don't know. We should check the alleyways down the block." The other man said and they both started running away from where I was hiding.

Phew. I peeked out from the corner and saw the flickering of the street lamp before I pushed out of the space and tried to catch my breath.

"That was a close call." I jumped at the sound of a man's voice behind me.

I looked at the tall figure behind me and he wore a hood which covered his eyes. All I could see was his lips which were busted and bruised.

His hands were in his pockets and he just stood there, looking at the ground. The air was silent and I decided to take the first step and started walking away from him.

"Wait." He called after me and I stopped walking.

I turned to see him pull back his hood and he brushed his fingers through his dark brown hair before looking up at me.

His eyes were the shade of dark coffee and he had a slender nose. He was handsome even with all the bruises on his face.

"What do you want?" I tried to sound tough but failed.

He gave me a small smile which made my heart race. "I was wondering if I could use your phone. I need to call someone."

I scoffed and gave him a small smirk. "What makes you think I can trust you?" I looked at him and he shrugged.

"I didn't do anything that could not make you trust me, and besides... it should be me who shouldn't be trusting you and yet," He shrugged his shoulders, his hands still in his pockets. "I'm still here."

I walked up to him and passed him my phone. He took it and gave me a smirk before dialling a number and placed the phone to his ear.

I put my hands in my pockets as I waited. I heard someone pick up and a man's voice came out.

The guy smiled, "Ah, Hyung. I need a little help right now." He chuckled as he brushed through his hair and looked up at the dark, star filled sky and for a second I saw how handsome he was as his eyes sparkled from the light of the street lamp.

His smile faded as I heard the other voice say something. "No, I didn't fight him. I did what you told me to."

I avoided looking at him as he looked at me and I pretended to look up at the sky. The cold breeze blew on my face and fog escaped from my mouth as I sighed.

"Okay, thanks. I'll see you in a few minutes." He finished and gave me my phone back.

"Thank you." He said and looked at me as I turned off my phone.