Chapter 8

TAEHYUNG

"Kim Taehyung, get your ass over here before I kick it." My smile faded and my mouth stayed open from shock.

The phone call ended with a beep and I glared at my phone. "Meanie."

I grabbed my coat and walked out of my house where I saw Sumi's familiar figure standing at the edge of the street in front of her house.

She noticed me walking towards her and I threw my hands up in the air, asking her what was wrong.

I thought she would glare at me like she usually would, but when I made eye contact with her, I could see tears forming in the corner of her eyes.

"What's wrong?" I asked her and she pushed herself into me as her hand wrapped around my waist.

"He's in my house." She said and I looked at her confused. "Who?"

"Jiwon, the guy you saw at lunch. He's with my mom." She cried and my body tensed up in anger.

"Do you want me to kick him out?" I looked at her and she shook her head, "No, if you do, my mother will get very confused and I don't want her to get worse."

She looked at me with her dark brown eyes and her face was stained with tears. Her hair fell over her face and I pushed them back behind her ears. "Okay, I won't. What do you want to do?"

She locked her eyes on mine and she calmed herself down before letting go of my waist. "Take me away from here. A place where I can forget about reality."

***

We got out of my car and I watched as Sumi walked up the path, looking around at the trees. "Where did you take me?"

"My sanctuary, where I can forget about my reality for a few precious moments." I said as I lead her up the hill.

She followed quietly behind me and I turned and walked into the group of trees on my left. "This way."

I pushed the branches away and I looked over at Sumi, her mouth opened just a little and her eyes wide with surprise.

I faced the view of the city and grinned. She walked towards the cliff and sat down right on the edge. I sat down next to her and she couldn't take her eyes off of the view. "It's so beautiful."

"I'm glad you like the view." She looked over at me and tilted her head just a little bit. "How did you find this place?"

"I did a lot of running away when I was younger. I ended up finding this place and since then, I have never found a better place." I pursed my lips as I remembered the first time I came here.

"Taehyung! Get back here!" I heard my mother screaming at me as she followed me out of the house.

"No mother, I'm not going to stay in this house just so I can be chained up and forced into things I don't want to do. I'm not coming back so don't bother finding me." I glared at my mother who looked at me with anger.

She didn't care if I left, she just didn't want me to because then that meant she will be humiliated in front of all her rich friends. They'll look at her as the mother whose son chose to run away and not take the family business.