Chapter 12

SUMI

I sat in my class as I listened to the teacher speak. Joohyun would keep glancing at me from her desk.

What's up with her?

I ignored her glances as I wrote my notes in my notebook quietly. I wrote down my homework pages and the bell rang to show that it was the end of the day.

I had work today after school in an hour and I groaned. As I got out of my seat, Joohyun came up to me.

"What did you do?" I asked her before she could speak.

"What do you mean?" She questioned hesitantly.

I pointed at my desk. "You kept glancing at me like I was going to kill you or something. What's wrong?"

She played with her fingers nervously and I already felt unwell by her action. "I might've told Taehyung a little bit about Jiwon-"

"WHAT?!" I shouted and she flinched, holding her hands up to shield her face. "Don't hurt me!"

My blood was boiling and I really wanted to hurt her right then and there. I tried to calm myself down before speaking again.

"What did you tell him?" I said coldly and she bit her lip.

"I didn't tell him anything other than why you're always so cold and unsocial. He only knows the most basic information." She replied and I sighed.

This is why I have trust issues.

Note to self; do not tell Joohyun anything anymore.

I walked away from the scared girl towards the hallway. I looked around for Taehyung and I couldn't find him.

Taehyung, where are you?

I looked around the school but couldn't find him. I looked inside his classroom, the gym, the cafeteria, the library and every other room that Taehyung might have been in. Then, I realized the one place I haven't checked.

The school's rooftop.

I ran up the stairs towards the entrance door to the rooftop. As I walked over to our usual spot, I saw the familiar figure sitting at the edge of the ledge.

"Yah, Taehyung." I said in an annoyed voice.

He turned his head to look at me and then turned back around. "I looked everywhere for you and you're here not even saying anything."

Taehyung patted the seat next to him and I sat next to him. He looked at me with a different look in his eyes, one that I've never seen before.

"Why didn't you tell me about him when he was here at school?" Taehyung asked me and I froze.

"Why would I have to? You never asked and it was never your business to know." I replied harshly.

He frowned and then avoided my eyes. "I'm your friend. I should know so that I can protect you from him."

I raised my eyebrow mockingly. "I don't need your protection, Taehyung. I can take care of myself. I'm not the same person from two years ago who was selfless and ignorant. That's not me anymore."

Taehyung scoffed. "You say that, but I saw you Sumi. You were so scared and so vulnerable when he was here a few days ago. Your hands were shaking and you couldn't even speak."

I shook my head. "You don't know the whole story. Joohyun told you most of it, but even she doesn't know the deepest and darkest parts of it."