Chapter 11

TAEHYUNG

The bell for class rang throughout the classroom and I sat in my seat which was right next to the window revealing the school's football field.

I looked out and just stared out in the open with my chin resting on my hand. I heard some shuffling noises beside me.

I turned around to saw a smiling Jimin sitting next to me. "Hey." He waved and I waved back but with less excitement.

"What's wrong?" He asked with a worried look. His chubby cheeks which were round and beaming, fell flat.

I shook my head. "Nothing. I just didn't get to see Seunghee today. I guess she left early."

Jimin pushed back his glasses and he was looking behind me with wide eyes. "Uhh, I think she slept in late today."

I raised myself up from the desk. "What makes you say that?"

Jimin points to the window behind me. "Because I think I just saw her running across the field."

I quickly turned around to see a tired and panting Sumi running across the football field with her bag falling off her shoulder. Her hair was blowing from the wind and she quickly disappears from my view.

I couldn't help but smile at her panicked state as she tried to reach her class.

I thought it was cute.

A minute later, I heard running footsteps and from my class window, I saw Sumi running across the hallway.

While she was still running, she turned her head towards our class window and I smirked as her figure disappeared again.

"Alright, let's start our lesson. Turn to chapter five and take out your notebooks." Our teacher, Mr. Ahn, said as he took a piece of chalk from his desk and started writing on the blackboard.

I grabbed my textbook and couldn't but smile as I remembered Sumi's determined face as she ran across our class.

"What do you think made her sleep in late?" Jimin asked me as we turned our page to chapter five.

I instantly remembered what I saw last night while I was outside and connected the dots.

I closed the front door of my house as I sat on the cold floor of my front porch. The dark night sky was filled with bright stars and I just sat there as I tried to calm down my anger.

The sound of a door closing grabbed my attention and I saw a pajama clothed Sumi walk out from her house. Her pajamas had cute little pandas running up the sides of her pant legs and it connected to the bottom of her shirt as it continued up to her shoulders.

Her hair blew in the cold wind and from my view, she looked beautiful. The moonlight shone on her medium length hair and magically turned it from a dark brown to an dark maroon red.

She walked inside the house from across hers and didn't come back out. I sat there as I counted the time until she would exit.

Not too long later, she left the house and cheerfully walked towards hers. She closed the door and I sighed.

As I was about to go back inside my house, I noticed a tall figure walk towards Sumi's house and he disappeared behind it towards their backyard.